Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MEM-188] to NCAM1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-NCAM1 antibody [MEM-188]
See all NCAM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MEM-188] to NCAM1
SpecificityCD56 antigen (human). This antibody reacts with 180 kDa isoform characteristic for leucocytes. Reactivity with other NCAM isoforms has not been tested. Positive membrane-specific staining was observed in the paraprostatic autonomic ganglion.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Non human primates
Tissue/ cell preparation (Human). (KG-1 acute myelogenous leukaemia cell line).
- paraprostatic autonomic ganglion
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-NCAM1 antibody [MEM-188], prediluted (PerCP) (ab134333)
- Anti-NCAM1 antibody [MEM-188] (PE/Cy5®) (ab157297)
- Anti-NCAM1 antibody [MEM-188] (PE) (ab18277)
- Anti-NCAM1 antibody [MEM-188] (PE/Cy7®) (ab234274)
- Anti-NCAM1 antibody [MEM-188] (Biotin) (ab239241)
- Anti-NCAM1 antibody [MEM-188] (APC) (ab28335)
- Anti-NCAM1 antibody [MEM-188] (FITC), prediluted (ab69763)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8233 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 3 µg/ml.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThis protein is a cell adhesion molecule involved in neuron-neuron adhesion, neurite fasciculation, outgrowth of neurites, etc.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen MSK39 identified by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibody
- antigen recognized by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibody
- CD56 antibody
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab8233 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab8233, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab8233 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Gupta J et al. Pharmacological inhibition of p38 MAPK reduces tumor growth in patient-derived xenografts from colon tumors. Oncotarget 6:8539-51 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 25890501