Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [RNL-1] to NCAM1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, ICC, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-NCAM1 antibody [RNL-1]
See all NCAM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [RNL-1] to NCAM1
SpecificityNeural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM). ab9018 reacts with three isoforms of NCAM: NCAM-120, NCAM-140, and NCAM-180.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, ICC, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Human NCAM1. This antibody was raised against the small cell lung cancer cell line NCI-H82.
Database link: P13591
- IHC-P: Mouse brain tissue. IHC-Fr: Rat brain tissue. ICC/IF: Adult-derived human liver stem cells and hepatic stellate cells. Flow Cyt: HT1080 cells.
General notesPunctuate cytoplasmic staining is observed with ab9018. Some staining of red blood cells observed.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9018 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.
Paraformaldehyde or methanol fixed cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-FoFr||1/100 - 1/200.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionThis protein is a cell adhesion molecule involved in neuron-neuron adhesion, neurite fasciculation, outgrowth of neurites, etc.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen MSK39 identified by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibody
- antigen recognized by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibody
- CD56 antibody
Immunohistochemistry of H82 cells, showing staining for NCAM1 using ab9018 (1/500).
ab9018 staining NCAM in Mouse brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 10% serum for 1 hour at 20°C; antigen retrieval was not performed. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 12 hours at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated Rabbit anti-mouse polyclonal (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunocytochemical analysis of Adult-Derived Human Liver Stem Cells (ADHLSC) in the left image and Hepatic Stellate Cells (HSC) in the right image. ab9018 was used to label NCAM, which is expressed in the HSC. Cells were fixed in 3.5% paraformaldehyde for 15 minutes at room temperature. Blocking was with 3.3% hydrogen peroxide for 3 minutes. Permeabilization with D-PBS and 1% Triton X-100 for 10 minutes. Cells incubated with ab9018 at 1/100 for 1 hour. DAB staining. Counterstaining with Mayer's hematoxylin.
Overlay histogram showing HT1080 cells stained with ab9018 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab9018, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HT1080 cells fixed with methanol (5 min) used under the same conditions.
Please note that Abcam does not have data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab9018 at a dilution of 1/500, staining NCAM (Alexa 488 secondary at 1/2000) on rat brain tissue (30
µm thick coronal sections) in free floating IHC (see protocol link for detailed description). Images showing neuron body and processes: [A] 40x objective and [B] punctate cytoplasmic staining; 20x objective and [C] neuron + processes; x20 objective. No labeling observed following omission of primary antibody. Images coloured in Photoshop.
NB: We recommend indirect amplification of immunofluorescence for ab9018
Sections were viewed using an Axioplan 2 Imaging microscope (Imaging Associates) fitted with 10x, 20x and 40x Plan-Neofluorobjectives (Zeiss, Germany) and images were taken using a AxioCam Hrm digital camera (Zeiss, Germany) and AxioVision software (Imaging Associates).
ab9018 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Wang J et al. Low immune index correlates with favorable prognosis but with reduced benefit from chemotherapy in gallbladder cancer. Cancer Sci 111:219-228 (2020). PubMed: 31729088
- Feng Q et al. Integrative proteomics and immunochemistry analysis of the factors in the necrosis and repair in acetaminophen-induced acute liver injury in mice. J Cell Physiol 234:6561-6581 (2019). PubMed: 30417486
- Li W et al. Dl-3-n-Butylphthalide Reduces Cognitive Impairment Induced by Chronic Cerebral Hypoperfusion Through GDNF/GFRa1/Ret Signaling Preventing Hippocampal Neuron Apoptosis. Front Cell Neurosci 13:351 (2019). PubMed: 31456664
- Gu X et al. rHGF interacts with rIGF-1 to activate the satellite cells in the striated urethral sphincter in rats: a promising treatment for urinary incontinence? Arch Gynecol Obstet 298:1149-1157 (2018). PubMed: 30306312
- Ferguson GB et al. Mapping molecular landmarks of human skeletal ontogeny and pluripotent stem cell-derived articular chondrocytes. Nat Commun 9:3634 (2018). PubMed: 30194383