Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NCOR2/SMRT
- Suitable for: ChIP, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NCOR2/SMRT antibody
See all NCOR2/SMRT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NCOR2/SMRT
Does not react with NCOR2/SMRT.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIP, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human NCOR2/SMRT aa 1165-1363.
Previously labelled as NCOR2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Chromatin Modifying Enzymes
- Class II / Hda1 Class
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24551 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 274 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 274 kDa).|
FunctionTranscriptional corepressor of NR4A2/NURR1 and acts through histone deacetylases (HDACs) to keep promoters of NR4A2/NURR1 target genes in a repressed deacetylated state (By similarity). Mediates the transcriptional repression activity of some nuclear receptors by promoting chromatin condensation, thus preventing access of the basal transcription. Isoform 1 and isoform 5 have different affinities for different nuclear receptors.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. High levels of expression are detected in lung, spleen and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the N-CoR nuclear receptor corepressors family.
Contains 2 SANT domains.
DomainThe N-terminal region contains repression functions that are divided into three independent repression domains (RD1, RD2 and RD3). The C-terminal region contains the nuclear receptor-interacting domains that are divided in two separate interaction domains (ID1 and ID2).
The two interaction domains (ID) contain a conserved sequence referred to as the CORNR box. This motif is required and sufficient to permit binding to unligated TR and RARS. Sequences flanking the CORNR box determine nuclear hormone receptor specificity.
- Information by UniProt
- CTG 26 antibody
- CTG repeat protein 26 antibody
- CTG26 antibody
Anti-NCOR2/SMRT antibody (ab24551) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa nuclear extract
Predicted band size: 274 kDa
Observed band size: 270 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab24551 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Luo Z et al. Nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling of class IIa histone deacetylases regulates somatic cell reprogramming. Cell Regen (Lond) 8:21-29 (2019). PubMed: 31205685
- Legrand N et al. PPARß/d recruits NCOR and regulates transcription reinitiation of ANGPTL4. Nucleic Acids Res 47:9573-9591 (2019). PubMed: 31428774
- Gong C et al. BQ323636.1, a Novel Splice Variant to NCOR2, as a Predictor for Tamoxifen-Resistant Breast Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 24:3681-3691 (2018). PubMed: 29420220
- Jin X et al. DUB3 Promotes BET Inhibitor Resistance and Cancer Progression by Deubiquitinating BRD4. Mol Cell 71:592-605.e4 (2018). PubMed: 30057199
- Rigalli JP et al. The pregnane X receptor (PXR) and the nuclear receptor corepressor 2 (NCoR2) modulate cell growth in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. PLoS One 13:e0193242 (2018). PubMed: 29470550