Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ND6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ND6 antibody
See all ND6 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ND6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Pig, Chimpanzee
This product was previously labelled as NADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81212 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
RelevanceNADH Dehydrogenase subunit 6 (MTND6) is 1 of the 7 mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) encoded subunits (MTND1, MTND2, MTND3, MTND4L, MTND4, MTND5, MTND6) included among the approximately 41 polypeptides of respiratory Complex I. Complex I accepts electrons from NADH, transfers them to ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), and uses the energy released to pump protons across the mitochondria inner membrane. MTND6 has been proposed to be a component of the iron-protein fragment. The predicted polypeptide has a molecular weight of 18.6 kD. Its apparent MW on SDS-polyacrylamide gels (PAGE) using Tris-glycine buffer is 16.7 kD, and the apparent MW on urea-phosphate gels is also close to the predicted molecular weight.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein.
- Mitochondrially encoded NADH dehydrogenase 6 antibody
- MT ND6 antibody
- mtND6 antibody
Anti-ND6 antibody (ab81212) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Human fetal lung lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Observed band size: 24 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Gel concentration: 12%
ab81212 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Chen D et al. Deletion of Gtpbp3 in zebrafish revealed the hypertrophic cardiomyopathy manifested by aberrant mitochondrial tRNA metabolism. Nucleic Acids Res 47:5341-5355 (2019). PubMed: 30916346
- Zhao X et al. Hypertension-associated mitochondrial DNA 4401A>G mutation caused the aberrant processing of tRNAMet, all 8 tRNAs and ND6 mRNA in the light-strand transcript. Nucleic Acids Res 47:10340-10356 (2019). PubMed: 31504769
- Zhang Q et al. Deletion of Mtu1 (Trmu) in zebrafish revealed the essential role of tRNA modification in mitochondrial biogenesis and hearing function. Nucleic Acids Res 46:10930-10945 (2018). PubMed: 30137487
- Chen X et al. Artesunate Activates the Intrinsic Apoptosis of HCT116 Cells through the Suppression of Fatty Acid Synthesis and the NF-?B Pathway. Molecules 22:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28786914
- Zhu G et al. Acute effect of lactic acid on tumor-endothelial cell metabolic coupling in the tumor microenvironment. Oncol Lett 12:3478-3484 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27900024
- Franz A et al. Chromatin-associated degradation is defined by UBXN-3/FAF1 to safeguard DNA replication fork progression. Nat Commun 7:10612 (2016). PubMed: 26842564
- Xu XD et al. The study of energy metabolism in bladder cancer cells in co-culture conditions using a microfluidic chip. Int J Clin Exp Med 8:12327-36 (2015). PubMed: 26550142
- Marthandan S et al. Similarities in Gene Expression Profiles during In Vitro Aging of Primary Human Embryonic Lung and Foreskin Fibroblasts. Biomed Res Int 2015:731938 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26339636
- Karamanlidis G et al. Defective DNA replication impairs mitochondrial biogenesis in human failing hearts. Circ Res 106:1541-8 (2010). PubMed: 20339121