Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NDEL1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NDEL1 antibody
See all NDEL1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NDEL1
ab25959 recognises NDEL1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human NDEL1.
(Peptide available as
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899).
This product was previously labelled as Nudel
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25959 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa.|
FunctionRequired for organization of the cellular microtubule array and microtubule anchoring at the centrosome. May regulate microtubule organization at least in part by targeting the microtubule severing protein KATNA1 to the centrosome. Also positively regulates the activity of the minus-end directed microtubule motor protein dynein. May enhance dynein-mediated microtubule sliding by targeting dynein to the microtubule plus ends. Required for several dynein- and microtubule-dependent processes such as the maintenance of Golgi integrity, the centripetal motion of secretory vesicles and the coupling of the nucleus and centrosome. Also required during brain development for the migration of newly formed neurons from the ventricular/subventricular zone toward the cortical plate. Plays a role, together with DISC1, in the regulation of neurite outgrowth. Required for mitosis in some cell types but appears to be dispensible for mitosis in cortical neuronal progenitors, which instead requires NDE1. Facilitates the polymerization of neurofilaments from the individual subunits NEFH and NEFL.
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, heart, kidney, liver, lung, pancreas, placenta and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nudE family.
Developmental stageExpression peaks in mitosis.
modificationsPhosphorylated in mitosis. Can be phosphorylated by CDK1, CDK5 and MAPK1. Phosphorylation by CDK5 promotes interaction with KATNA1 and YWHAE.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Chromosome > centromere > kinetochore. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Localizes to the cell body of the motor neurons and colocalizes with assembled neurofilaments within axonal processes. Localizes to the microtubules of the manchette in elongated spermatids. Colocalizes with DISC1 in the perinuclear region, including the centrosome (By similarity). Localizes to the interphase centrosome and the mitotic spindle. Localizes to the kinetochore in a CENPF-dependent manner.
- Information by UniProt
- A. nidulans antibody
- DKFZp451M0318 antibody
- ENDOOLIGOPEPTIDASE A antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-NDEL1 antibody (ab25959) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-NDEL1 antibody (ab25959) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-NDEL1 antibody (ab25959) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Jurkat whole cell lysate.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab25959 at 2µg/ml staining NDEL1 in Jurkat cells by ICC/IF
Immunofluorescence of NDEL1 in Jurkat cells using ab25959 at 10 ug/ml.
ab25959 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chapman DE et al. Regulation of in vivo dynein force production by CDK5 and 14-3-3e and KIAA0528. Nat Commun 10:228 (2019). PubMed: 30651536
- Turgay Y et al. SUN proteins facilitate the removal of membranes from chromatin during nuclear envelope breakdown. J Cell Biol 204:1099-109 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24662567
- Pei Z et al. The expression and roles of Nde1 and Ndel1 in the adult mammalian central nervous system. Neuroscience 271:119-36 (2014). PubMed: 24785679
- Leliveld SR et al. Insolubility of disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1 disrupts oligomer-dependent interactions with nuclear distribution element 1 and is associated with sporadic mental disease. J Neurosci 28:3839-45 (2008). PubMed: 18400883
- Alkam T et al. The extensive nitration of neurofilament light chain in the hippocampus is associated with the cognitive impairment induced by amyloid beta in mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther : (2008). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 18621989
- Li W et al. Specific developmental disruption of disrupted-in-schizophrenia-1 function results in schizophrenia-related phenotypes in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18280-5 (2007). IP ; Mouse . PubMed: 17984054