Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to NDRG1
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NDRG1 antibody
See all NDRG1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to NDRG1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Dog
- Recombinant human NDRG1 protein (ab87685) can be used as a positive control in WB. Human Kidney, Cerebellum and Testis tissue lysates; IHC-P: Human Prostate, hepatocellular carcinoma and colon tissues.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37897 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa.
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2.5 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay have a growth inhibitory role.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous; expressed most prominently in placental membranes and prostate, kidney, small intestine, and ovary tissues. Reduced expression in adenocarcinomas compared to normal tissues. In colon, prostate and placental membranes, the cells that border the lumen show the highest expression.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NDRG1 are the cause of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 4D (CMT4D) [MIM:601455]; also known as hereditary motor and sensory neuropathy Lom type (HMSNL). CMT4D is a recessive form of Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease, the most common inherited disorder of the peripheral nervous system. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is classified in two main groups on the basis of electrophysiologic properties and histopathology: primary peripheral demyelinating neuropathy and primary peripheral axonal neuropathy. Demyelinating CMT neuropathies are characterized by severely reduced nerve conduction velocities (less than 38 m/sec), segmental demyelination and remyelination with onion bulb formations on nerve biopsy, slowly progressive distal muscle atrophy and weakness, absent deep tendon reflexes, and hollow feet. By convention, autosomal recessive forms of demyelinating Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease are designated CMT4.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NDRG family.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. Whereas in prostate epithelium and placental chorion it is located in both the cytoplasm and the nucleus, nuclear staining is not observed in colon epithelium cells. Instead its localization changes from the cytoplasm to the plasma membrane during differentiation of colon carcinoma cell lines in vitro.
- Information by UniProt
- 42 kDa antibody
- Anti GC4 antibody
- cap43 antibody
ab37897 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- Sahni S et al. NDRG1 suppresses basal and hypoxia-induced autophagy at both the initiation and degradation stages and sensitizes pancreatic cancer cells to lysosomal membrane permeabilization. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj 1864:129625 (2020). PubMed: 32335136
- Gamell C et al. E6AP Promotes a Metastatic Phenotype in Prostate Cancer. iScience 22:1-15 (2019). PubMed: 31739170
- Sahni S et al. Two mechanisms involving the autophagic and proteasomal pathways process the metastasis suppressor protein, N-myc downstream regulated gene 1. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:1361-1378 (2019). PubMed: 30763642
- Merlot AM et al. The metastasis suppressor, NDRG1, differentially modulates the endoplasmic reticulum stress response. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30981813
- Park KC et al. Identification of differential phosphorylation and sub-cellular localization of the metastasis suppressor, NDRG1. Biochim Biophys Acta 1864:2644-2663 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29679718