Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2796] to NDUFAF1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-NDUFAF1 antibody [EPR2796]
See all NDUFAF1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2796] to NDUFAF1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human NDUFAF1 aa 300-400 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HeLa, Jurkat and heart lysates. IHC-P: Human liver tissue. ICC/IF: HeLa cells. Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79826 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionChaperone protein involved in the assembly of the mitochondrial NADH:ubiquinone oxidoreductase complex (complex I).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CIA30 family.
- Information by UniProt
- CGI 65 antibody
- CGI65 antibody
- CIA30 antibody
All lanes : Anti-NDUFAF1 antibody [EPR2796] (ab79826) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 3 : Human heart lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti Rabbit HRP-conjugated at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Observed band size: 33 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma) labelling NDUFAF1 with purified 79826 at 1/500. Cells were fixed with 100% methanol. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody (Ab150077). Nuclei counterstained with DAPI (blue).
Control: PBS only
Flow cytometry analysis of HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma) cells labeling NDUFAF1 (red) with ab79826 at a 1/250 dilution. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 90% methanol. A goat anti-rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a 1/2000 dilution. Black - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730). Blue (unlabeled control) - Cells without incubation with the primary and secondary antibodies.
Immunohistochemistry analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human liver tissue using 1/100 ab79826.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells using 1/100 ab79826.
ab79826 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Miwa S et al. Low abundance of the matrix arm of complex I in mitochondria predicts longevity in mice. Nat Commun 5:3837 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24815183
- Ekman M et al. HIF-mediated metabolic switching in bladder outlet obstruction mitigates the relaxing effect of mitochondrial inhibition. Lab Invest 94:557-68 (2014). PubMed: 24589856