Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [103-A1] to Nectin 3
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Nectin 3 antibody [103-A1]
See all Nectin 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [103-A1] to Nectin 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Functional Studies, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react with: Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to Mouse Nectin 3 extracellular domain, amino acids 50-400 fused to IgG Fc.
- L-cells (A cultured line of C3H mouse fibroblasts)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesProvided as a 0.2µm purified antibody solution
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16913 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab18450 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlays a role in cell-cell adhesion through heterophilic trans-interactions with nectin-like proteins or nectins, such as trans-interaction with PVRL2/nectin-2 at Sertoli-spermatid junctions. Trans-interaction with PVR induces activation of CDC42 and RAC small G proteins through common signaling molecules such as SRC and RAP1. Also involved in the formation of cell-cell junctions, including adherens junctions and synapses. Induces endocytosis-mediated down-regulation of PVR from the cell surface, resulting in reduction of cell movement and proliferation. Plays a role in the morphology of the ciliary body.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in testis and placenta as well as in many cell lines, including epithelial cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nectin family.
Contains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD113 antibody
- CDw113 antibody
- DKFZP566B0846 antibody
ab16913 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Lachke SA et al. The cell adhesion gene PVRL3 is associated with congenital ocular defects. Hum Genet 131:235-50 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21769484
- Lin YW et al. Localization of ubiquitin specific protease 26 at blood-testis barrier and near Sertoli cell-germ cell interface in mouse testes. Int J Androl 34:e368-77 (2011). PubMed: 21449984
- Tanaka-Okamoto M et al. Increased susceptibility to spontaneous lung cancer in mice lacking LIM-domain only 7. Cancer Sci 100:608-16 (2009). PubMed: 19215226
- Toyama Y et al. Disruption of ectoplasmic specializations between Sertoli cells and maturing spermatids by anti-nectin-2 and anti-nectin-3 antibodies. Asian J Androl 10:577-84 (2008). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 18097512