Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nectin 3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nectin 3 antibody
See all Nectin 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nectin 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region surrounding amino acid 536 of mouse nectin 3
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63931 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 83 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 83 kDa).|
FunctionPlays a role in cell-cell adhesion through heterophilic trans-interactions with nectin-like proteins or nectins, such as trans-interaction with PVRL2/nectin-2 at Sertoli-spermatid junctions. Trans-interaction with PVR induces activation of CDC42 and RAC small G proteins through common signaling molecules such as SRC and RAP1. Also involved in the formation of cell-cell junctions, including adherens junctions and synapses. Induces endocytosis-mediated down-regulation of PVR from the cell surface, resulting in reduction of cell movement and proliferation. Plays a role in the morphology of the ciliary body.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in testis and placenta as well as in many cell lines, including epithelial cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nectin family.
Contains 2 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD113 antibody
- CDw113 antibody
- DKFZP566B0846 antibody
ab63931 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Li J et al. Chronic mild corticosterone exposure during adolescence enhances behaviors and upregulates neuroplasticity-related proteins in rat hippocampus. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 89:400-411 (2019). PubMed: 30392783
- Liu R et al. Postnatal nectin-3 knockdown induces structural abnormalities of hippocampal principal neurons and memory deficits in adult mice. Hippocampus 29:1063-1074 (2019). PubMed: 31066147
- Gong Q et al. Chronic Stress Reduces Nectin-1 mRNA Levels and Disrupts Dendritic Spine Plasticity in the Adult Mouse Perirhinal Cortex. Front Cell Neurosci 12:67 (2018). PubMed: 29593501
- Wang XX et al. Nectin-3 modulates the structural plasticity of dentate granule cells and long-term memory. Transl Psychiatry 7:e1228 (2017). WB, IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 28872640
- Cartier-Michaud A et al. Genetic, structural, and chemical insights into the dual function of GRASP55 in germ cell Golgi remodeling and JAM-C polarized localization during spermatogenesis. PLoS Genet 13:e1006803 (2017). PubMed: 28617811