Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NEDD4-2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NEDD4-2 antibody
See all NEDD4-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NEDD4-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis
Recombinant fusion protein (Mouse) LAEDGASGSATNSNNHLVEPQIRRPRSLSSPTVTLSAPLEG AKDSPIRRAVKDTLSNPQSP QPSPYNSPKPQHKVTQ
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: None
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab46521 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 120 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa).|
FunctionE3 ubiquitin-protein ligase which accepts ubiquitin from an E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme in the form of a thioester and then directly transfers the ubiquitin to targeted substrates. Inhibits TGF-beta signaling by triggering SMAD2 and TGFBR1 ubiquitination and proteasome-dependent degradation. Promotes ubiquitination and internalization of various plasma membrane channels such as ENaC, Nav1.2, Nav1.3, Nav1.5, Nav1.7, Nav1.8, Kv1.3, EAAT1 or CLC5. Promotes ubiquitination and degradation of SGK1 and TNK2.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed, with highest levels in prostate, pancreas and kidney.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 1 HECT (E6AP-type E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase) domain.
Contains 4 WW domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated by SGK1 or PKA; which impairs interaction with SCNN. Interaction with YWHAH inhibits dephosphorylation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. May be recruited to exosomes by NDFIP1.
- Information by UniProt
- E3 ubiquitin protein ligase NEDD4 like protein antibody
- E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase NEDD4-like antibody
- KIAA0439 antibody
All lanes : Anti-NEDD4-2 antibody (ab46521)
Lane 1 : Extract from non-transfected HEK293 cells
Lane 2 : Extract from HEK293 cells transfected with NEDD4-2
Predicted band size: 120 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa
ab46251 (1/1000) staining NEDD4-2 in human colon using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong cytoplasmic and membrane staining of the intestinal glands cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab46521 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab46521, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab46521 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Duerr J et al. Conditional deletion of Nedd4-2 in lung epithelial cells causes progressive pulmonary fibrosis in adult mice. Nat Commun 11:2012 (2020). PubMed: 32332792
- Zhou L et al. Dexmedetomidine exerts dual effects on human annulus fibrosus chondrocytes depending on the oxidative stress status. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31383789
- Kemp BA et al. Ghrelin-Induced Sodium Reabsorption Is Mediated by PKA and Microtubule-Dependent aENaC Translocation in Female Rats. J Endocr Soc 3:2088-2106 (2019). PubMed: 31663064
- Gleason CE et al. mTORC2 regulates renal tubule sodium uptake by promoting ENaC activity. J Clin Invest 125:117-28 (2015). PubMed: 25415435
- Fu L et al. ?F508 CFTR surface stability is regulated by DAB2 and CHIP-mediated ubiquitination in post-endocytic compartments. PLoS One 10:e0123131 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25879443