Product nameNefopam hydrochloride, non-opioid analgesic agent
DescriptionCentrally-acting, non-opioid analgesic drug
- 3,4,5,6-Tetrahydro-5-methyl-1-phenyl-1H-2,5-benzoxazocine hydrochloride
Centrally-acting, non-opiod analgesic drug of the benzoxazocine chemical class. Blocks voltage-sensitive sodium channels and modulates glutamatergic transmission in rodents. Inhibits serotonin, noradrenaline and dopamine reuptake.
Chemical name5-Methyl-1-phenyl-1,3,4,6-tetrahydro-2,5-benzoxazocine hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 3 mM and in water to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Evans MS et al. Nefopam for the prevention of postoperative pain: quantitative systematic review. Br J Anaesth 101:610-7 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18796441) »
- Verleye M et al. Nefopam blocks voltage-sensitive sodium channels and modulates glutamatergic transmission in rodents. Brain Res 1013:249-55 (2004). Read more (PubMed: 15193535) »
- Fuller RW & Snoddy HD Evaluation of nefopam as a monoamine uptake inhibitor in vivo in mice. Neuropharmacology 32:995-9 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 7507578) »
- Piercey MF & Schroeder LA Spinal and Supraspinal sites for morphine and nefopam analgesia in the mouse. Eur J Pharmacol 74:135-40 (1981). Read more (PubMed: 6276187) »
- Gassel MM et al. Controlled clinical trial of oral and parenteral nefopam hydrochloride. A novel and potent analgesic drug. J Clin Pharmacol 16:34-41 (1976). Read more (PubMed: 1107359) »