Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nervous Necrosis Virus
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, Neutralising
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nervous Necrosis Virus antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nervous Necrosis Virus
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, Neutralisingmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Purified grouper nervous necrosis virus particles.
This antibody has been shown to be useful in Virus Neutralization studies using virus particles of NNV.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody has been shown to be useful in Virus Neutralization studies using virus particles of NNV.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26812 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Neutralising||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
RelevanceViral nervous necrosis (VNN) is a worldwide disease among marine fishes. Fish nervous necrosis virus (NNV) causes high mortality and considerable economic damage to the aquaculture industry. In Taiwan, VNN disease was first identified in 2 species of hatchery-reared grouper, Epinephelus fuscogutatus and E. akaaya in 1994. Since then, increasing mortalities have occurred among groupers Epinephelus spp., and also among European eels Anguilla anguilla L., yellow-wax pompano Trachinotus falcatus, firespot snapper Lutaanus erythropterus B., barramundi Lates calcarifer, cobias Rachycentron canadum, humpback groupers Cromileptes altivelis and Chinese catfish Parasilurus asotus.
- NNV antibody
ab26812 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Marsian J et al. Plant-Made Nervous Necrosis Virus-Like Particles Protect Fish Against Disease. Front Plant Sci 10:880 (2019). PubMed: 31354759
- Peyret H et al. Improving plant transient expression through the rational design of synthetic 5' and 3' untranslated regions. Plant Methods 15:108 (2019). PubMed: 31548848
- Carballo C et al. SJNNV down-regulates RGNNV replication in European sea bass by the induction of the type I interferon system. Vet Res 47:6 (2016). PubMed: 26743933