Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [10C2] to Nestin - Neural Stem Cell Marker
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody [10C2] - Neural Stem Cell Marker
See all Nestin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [10C2] to Nestin - Neural Stem Cell Marker
SpecificityReacts exclusively with human nestin protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Nestin aa 1-1621.
Database link: P48681
- WB: U251 cells. ICC/IF: U251 cells. Human brain tissue.
Monoclonal antibody 10C2 was derived by fusion of P3x63Ag8.653 myeloma cells with spleen cells from a BALB/c mouse immunized with a 150-amino-acid fragment from the cloned human nestin, conjugated to glutathione S-transferase.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22035 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200. PubMed: 19147502
|IHC-Fr||1/100 - 1/200.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 176 kDa.
1/1000 - 1/5000 using chemiluminescent detection. Predicted molecular weight: 176 kDa.
FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- Information by UniProt
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
ab22035 staining human brain tissue cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% BSA for 30 minutes at 21°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 and incubated with the samples for 1 hour at 21°C. A FITC conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG antibody, diluted 1/250, was used as the secondary.
ICC/IF of U251 cells staining intracellular Nestin filaments with ab22035
Lane 1 : Anti-Nestin antibody [10C2] - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab22035) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 2 : Anti-Nestin antibody [10C2] - Neural Stem Cell Marker (ab22035)
Lane 1 : U251 cells at 10 µl
Lane 2 : U251 cells at 20 µl
Predicted band size: 176 kDa
Exposure time: 60 seconds
Immunostaining of intracellular nestin filaments in cultured SH-SY-5Y neuronal cells using ab22035 (1:100 dilution).
ab22035 has been referenced in 82 publications.
- Liu JYW et al. Granule Cell Dispersion in Human Temporal Lobe Epilepsy: Proteomics Investigation of Neurodevelopmental Migratory Pathways. Front Cell Neurosci 14:53 (2020). PubMed: 32256318
- Stafman LL et al. Targeting PIM Kinases Affects Maintenance of CD133 Tumor Cell Population in Hepatoblastoma. Transl Oncol 12:200-208 (2019). PubMed: 30412911
- Wang X et al. 3D bioprinted glioma cell-laden scaffolds enriching glioma stem cells via epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Biomed Mater Res A 107:383-391 (2019). PubMed: 30350390
- Chen D et al. E-cadherin regulates biological behaviors of neural stem cells and promotes motor function recovery following spinal cord injury. Exp Ther Med 17:2061-2070 (2019). PubMed: 30783478
- Lim GS et al. Microhexagon gradient array directs spatial diversification of spinal motor neurons. Theranostics 9:311-323 (2019). PubMed: 30809276