Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [7A3] to Nestin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody [7A3]
See all Nestin primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [7A3] to Nestin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Mouse E16 embryonic cerebral cortex extracts
- Neural progenitor cells from mouse fetal brain.
ab81462 is very useful for immunostaining of mouse embryonic brain. It has very low background in immunostaining using mouse tissues and is also useful for doubleb staining with mouse and rabbit antibodies.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesThe antibody was produced from the hybridoma cultured in serum free medium and purified under mild conditions by propriety chromatography processes. It is filter sterilized.
Primary antibody notesab81462 is very useful for immunostaining of mouse embryonic brain. It has very low background in immunostaining using mouse tissues and is also useful for doubleb staining with mouse and rabbit antibodies.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81462 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- Information by UniProt
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
ab81462 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Morigi M et al. C3a receptor blockade protects podocytes from injury in diabetic nephropathy. JCI Insight 5:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32161193
- Locatelli M et al. Manipulating Sirtuin 3 pathway ameliorates renal damage in experimental diabetes. Sci Rep 10:8418 (2020). PubMed: 32439965
- Ngwenya LB et al. Implantation of Neuronal Stem Cells Enhances Object Recognition without Increasing Neurogenesis after Lateral Fluid Percussion Injury in Mice. Stem Cells Int 2018:4209821 (2018). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 29531536
- Betlazar C et al. Cellular Sources and Regional Variations in the Expression of the Neuroinflammatory Marker Translocator Protein (TSPO) in the Normal Brain. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30208620
- Wlodarczyk A et al. A novel microglial subset plays a key role in myelinogenesis in developing brain. EMBO J 36:3292-3308 (2017). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 28963396
- Wei L et al. Super-multiplex vibrational imaging. Nature 544:465-470 (2017). PubMed: 28424513
- de Groot MW et al. Characterization of calcium responses and electrical activity in differentiating mouse neural progenitor cells in vitro. Toxicol Sci 137:428-35 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24241723