Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nestin
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nestin antibody
See all Nestin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nestin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Nestin aa 1550-1650 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93157 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionRequired for brain and eye development. Promotes the disassembly of phosphorylated vimentin intermediate filaments (IF) during mitosis and may play a role in the trafficking and distribution of IF proteins and other cellular factors to daughter cells during progenitor cell division. Required for survival, renewal and mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cells.
Tissue specificityCNS stem cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
Developmental stageUpon terminal neural differentiation, nestin is down-regulated and replaced by neurofilaments.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated. This increases during mitosis when the cytoplasmic intermediate filament network is reorganized.
- Information by UniProt
- ESTM 46 antibody
- FLJ 21841 antibody
- FLJ21841 antibody
IHC image of Nestin staining in Rat brain (6 weeks) FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab93157, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ab93157 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Oudega M et al. Validation study of neurotrophin-3-releasing chitosan facilitation of neural tissue generation in the severely injured adult rat spinal cord. Exp Neurol 312:51-62 (2019). PubMed: 30471251
- Salehi MS et al. Dimethyl fumarate up-regulates expression of major neurotrophic factors in the epidermal neural crest stem cells. Tissue Cell 56:114-120 (2019). PubMed: 30736899
- Pandamooz S et al. Enhancing the expression of neurotrophic factors in epidermal neural crest stem cells by valproic acid: A potential candidate for combinatorial treatment. Neurosci Lett 704:8-14 (2019). PubMed: 30904572
- Fernández-Susavila H et al. Generation and characterization of the human iPSC line IDISi001-A isolated from blood cells of a CADASIL patient carrying a NOTCH3 mutation. Stem Cell Res 28:16-20 (2018). ICC/IF . PubMed: 29414412
- Jia J et al. Recombinant PEP-1-SOD1 improves functional recovery after neural stem cell transplantation in rats with traumatic brain injury. Exp Ther Med 15:2929-2935 (2018). PubMed: 29599832