Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NeuroD2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NeuroD2 antibody
See all NeuroD2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NeuroD2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Gorilla, Chinese hamster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse NeuroD2 aa 1-100 (N terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab104430 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||1/2000. Tissue was perfusion fixed in 10% formaldehyde. Staining appeared more intense without antigen retrieval.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
FunctionAppears to mediate neuronal differentiation.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHa1 antibody
- class A basic helix loop helix protein 1 antibody
- Class A basic helix-loop-helix protein 1 antibody
IHC image of NeuroD2 staining in a formalin fixed, paraffin embedded mouse brain tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab104430, 5 µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-NeuroD2 antibody (ab104430) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466)
Lane 2 : Cerebellum Mouse Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse Hippocampus Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : P0 Mouse Brain Mouse Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : P7 Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 6 : Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) with Immunising peptide at 1 µg/ml
Lane 7 : Cerebellum Mouse Tissue Lysate with Immunising peptide at 1 µg/ml
Lane 8 : Mouse Hippocampus Tissue Lysate with Immunising peptide at 1 µg/ml
Lane 9 : P0 Mouse Brain Mouse Tissue Lysate with Immunising peptide at 1 µg/ml
Lane 10 : P7 Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate with Immunising peptide at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 21 kDa, 41 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 4 minutes
IHC-P image of NeuroD2 staining on mouse CA1 hippocampus sections using ab104430 (1:2000). The sections were deparaffinized and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval using citric acid. The sections wer then blocked using 1% BSA at 21°C for 10 min. The primary antibody was incubated at 21°C for 2 hours.
IHC-P image of NeuroD2 staining on rat CA1 hippocampus sections using ab104430 (1:1000). The sections were deparaffinized and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval using citric acid. The sections wer then blocked using 1% BSA at 21°C for 10 min. The primary antibody was incubated at 21°C for 2 hours
ab104430 staining NeuroD2 in 10% formaldehyde perfusion fixed 6 week old frozen mouse brain section (dentate gyrus). No antigen retrieval was performed. The section was incubated in 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab104430, 1/2000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab104430 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Bonnefont J et al. Cortical Neurogenesis Requires Bcl6-Mediated Transcriptional Repression of Multiple Self-Renewal-Promoting Extrinsic Pathways. Neuron 103:1096-1108.e4 (2019). PubMed: 31353074
- Guzelsoy G et al. Terminal neuron localization to the upper cortical plate is controlled by the transcription factor NEUROD2. Sci Rep 9:19697 (2019). PubMed: 31873146
- Shu P et al. Opposing Gradients of MicroRNA Expression Temporally Pattern Layer Formation in the Developing Neocortex. Dev Cell 49:764-785.e4 (2019). PubMed: 31080058
- Lee HK et al. Neuronal IL-4Ra modulates neuronal apoptosis and cell viability during the acute phases of cerebral ischemia. FEBS J N/A:N/A (2018). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 29756681
- Fan X et al. Spatial transcriptomic survey of human embryonic cerebral cortex by single-cell RNA-seq analysis. Cell Res 28:730-745 (2018). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 29867213
- Wang Y et al. N6-methyladenosine RNA modification regulates embryonic neural stem cell self-renewal through histone modifications. Nat Neurosci 21:195-206 (2018). PubMed: 29335608
- Hayashi M et al. Graded Arrays of Spinal and Supraspinal V2a Interneuron Subtypes Underlie Forelimb and Hindlimb Motor Control. Neuron 97:869-884.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29398364
- Bayam E et al. Genome-wide target analysis of NEUROD2 provides new insights into regulation of cortical projection neuron migration and differentiation. BMC Genomics 16:681 (2015). Mouse . PubMed: 26341353
- Guner G et al. NEUROD2 Regulates Stim1 Expression and Store-Operated Calcium Entry in Cortical Neurons. eNeuro 4:N/A (0). PubMed: 28303257