Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3G3] to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody [3G3]
See all Neurofilament heavy polypeptide primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3G3] to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide aa 1-226 (C terminal).
- Rat brain microsome
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19386 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- Information by UniProt
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- CMT2CC antibody
- Nefh antibody
ab19386 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Segura-Anaya E et al. A novel histochemical method of simultaneous detection by a single- or double-immunofluorescence and Bielschowsky's silver staining in teased rat sciatic nerves. J Neurosci Methods 304:46-51 (2018). ICC/IF . PubMed: 29596858
- Xing J et al. Role of TNF-a in Regulating the Exercise Pressor Reflex in Rats With Femoral Artery Occlusion. Front Physiol 9:1461 (2018). PubMed: 30374312
- Janmaat CJ et al. Human Dermal Fibroblasts Demonstrate Positive Immunostaining for Neuron- and Glia- Specific Proteins. PLoS One 10:e0145235 (2015). ICC/IF ; Mouse, Human . PubMed: 26678612