Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgY
Product nameAnti-Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody
See all Neurofilament heavy polypeptide primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Cow Neurofilament heavy polypeptide.
- Rat cerebral cortex lysate. Rat cortical neurons and glia.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.065% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72996 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 115 kDa).|
FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- Information by UniProt
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- CMT2CC antibody
- Nefh antibody
Anti-Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody (ab72996) at 1/50000 dilution + Rat cerebral cortex lysate
Predicted band size: 115 kDa
Observed band size: 200 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab72996 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Ionescu A et al. Targeting the Sigma-1 Receptor via Pridopidine Ameliorates Central Features of ALS Pathology in a SOD1G93A Model. Cell Death Dis 10:210 (2019). PubMed: 30824685
- Giorgetti E et al. Magnetic Resonance Imaging as a Biomarker in Rodent Peripheral Nerve Injury Models Reveals an Age-Related Impairment of Nerve Regeneration. Sci Rep 9:13508 (2019). PubMed: 31534149
- Will L et al. Dynein activating adaptor BICD2 controls radial migration of upper-layer cortical neurons in vivo. Acta Neuropathol Commun 7:162 (2019). PubMed: 31655624
- Maimon R et al. miR126-5p Downregulation Facilitates Axon Degeneration and NMJ Disruption via a Non-Cell-Autonomous Mechanism in ALS. J Neurosci 38:5478-5494 (2018). PubMed: 29773756
- Gupta K & Harvima IT Mast cell-neural interactions contribute to pain and itch. Immunol Rev 282:168-187 (2018). PubMed: 29431216