Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [RNF402] to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgM
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody [RNF402]
See all Neurofilament heavy polypeptide primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [RNF402] to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide
SpecificityAxonal Marker. This antibody reacts with the intermediate filament protein of central and periferal nerve cells. In Western blotting this antibody is reactive with the Neurofilament heavy polypeptide protein only. This antibody reacts with both the phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated isoforms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Tissue, cells or virus corresponding to Cow Neurofilament heavy polypeptide. Neurofilament preparation of calf brain tissue.
Database link: P12036
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3966 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/10 - 1/100.
1/10 - 1/100.
FunctionNeurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intermediate filament family.
modificationsThere are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- Information by UniProt
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- CMT2CC antibody
- Nefh antibody
ab3966 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Kim J et al. Nerve Repair and Orthodromic and Antidromic Nerve Grafts: An Experimental Comparative Study in Rabbit. Biomed Res Int 2020:5046832 (2020). PubMed: 31998792
- Liu L et al. Effects of oxygen generating scaffolds on cell survival and functional recovery following acute spinal cord injury in rats. J Mater Sci Mater Med 31:115 (2020). PubMed: 33247423
- Han S et al. Human placenta-derived mesenchymal stem cells loaded on linear ordered collagen scaffold improves functional recovery after completely transected spinal cord injury in canine. Sci China Life Sci 61:2-13 (2018). PubMed: 28527111
- Xiao Z et al. One-year clinical study of NeuroRegen scaffold implantation following scar resection in complete chronic spinal cord injury patients. Sci China Life Sci 59:647-55 (2016). PubMed: 27333785
- Han S et al. The collagen scaffold with collagen binding BDNF enhances functional recovery by facilitating peripheral nerve infiltrating and ingrowth in canine complete spinal cord transection. Spinal Cord 52:867-73 (2014). PubMed: 25311846
- Haro H et al. Experimental chemonucleolysis with recombinant human matrix metalloproteinase 7 in human herniated discs and dogs. Spine J N/A:N/A (2013). Human . PubMed: 24295797