Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Neurogranin
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, WB, ICC, IP, ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Neurogranin antibody
See all Neurogranin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Neurogranin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, WB, ICC, IP, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Human
Recombinant full length protein (Rat).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThe antibody was purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23570 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21346800|
|IHC-Fr||1/500. Fix fresh frozen sections with PFA.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 7 kDa.|
FunctionActs as a "third messenger" substrate of protein kinase C-mediated molecular cascades during synaptic development and remodeling. Binds to calmodulin in the absence of calcium.
Tissue specificityIn the cerebral cortex, found in the cell bodies of neurons in layers II-VI, and in apical and basal dendrites of pyramidal neurons. Is not found in the dendrites in patients with Alzheimer disease.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the neurogranin family.
Contains 1 collagen-like domain.
Contains 1 IQ domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Protein kinase C substrate RC3 antibody
- Calmodulin binding protein antibody
- Hng antibody
ab23570 at 1/500 staining mouse embryonic mesencephalon tissue sections by IHC-Fr. The sections were paraformaldehyde fixed and incubated with the antibody for 12 hours. An Alexa Fluor ® 488 conjugated goat polyclonal antibody was used as the secondary.
ab23570 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Su Q et al. Hippocampal Protein Kinase C Gamma Signaling Mediates the Impairment of Spatial Learning and Memory in Prenatally Stressed Offspring Rats. Neuroscience 414:186-199 (2019). PubMed: 31283971
- Chaney A et al. Longitudinal investigation of neuroinflammation and metabolite profiles in the APPswe ×PS1?e9 transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem 144:318-335 (2018). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 29124761
- Obana EA et al. Conditional deletion of Neurog1 in the cerebellum of postnatal mice delays inhibitory interneuron maturation. J Neurosci Res 96:1560-1575 (2018). PubMed: 29665106
- Seifert AW et al. Skin shedding and tissue regeneration in African spiny mice (Acomys). Nature 489:561-5 (2012). IHC . PubMed: 23018966
- Kalinovsky A et al. Development of axon-target specificity of ponto-cerebellar afferents. PLoS Biol 9:e1001013 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21346800
- Sudarov A et al. Ascl1 genetics reveals insights into cerebellum local circuit assembly. J Neurosci 31:11055-69 (2011). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 21795554