Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Neuropeptide Y
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, IHC-P, Dot blot, IHC-Fr, RIA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Neuropeptide Y antibody
See all Neuropeptide Y primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Neuropeptide Y
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, ICC/IF, IHC-P, Dot blot, IHC-Fr, RIAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Chicken, Human, Monkey
Full length Neuropeptide Y (porcine) conjugated to KLH.
- NPY-containing neurons (cell bodies, axons, and dendrites) in frozen sections of rat brain obtained following perfusion fixation with 4% paraformaldehyde. Formalin-fixed, frozen, or Vibratome sections of rat, cat, porcine, bovine, monkey, or human brain.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10980 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 17455332Use at an assay dependent dilution. PMID 17455332.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19609763|
|Dot blot||1/10000. 1/10000. This concentration was determined using Neuropeptide Y-BSA (0.03-0.25 ng/dot).|
|IHC-Fr||1/8000. 1/8000. This concentration was determined using frozen sections of rat brain perfusion-fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde. Absorption studies show that specific staining of tissue may be inhibited following preincubation of the antiserum with 10 µM neuropeptide Y (porcine).|
|RIA||1/10000. 1/10000. This concentration was determined using 20 pg/tube of 125I-labeled neuropeptide Y in a second antibody and polyethylene glycol RIA. The sensitivity of the RIA assay is defined as the 90% intercept of a B/B0 standard curve. In this system the sensitivity has been found to be 20 pg/tube. The affinity constant (Ka) is determined by a Scatchard plot using this RIA system. Ka = Minimum 5.0 x 1010 L/mole|
FunctionNPY is implicated in the control of feeding and in secretion of gonadotrophin-release hormone.
Tissue specificityOne of the most abundant peptides in the nervous system. Also found in some chromaffin cells of the adrenal medulla.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NPY family.
- Information by UniProt
- C-flanking peptide of NPY antibody
- CPON antibody
- Neuropeptide tyrosine antibody
ab10980 staining rat brain, striatum tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% serum for 2 hours at 20°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/800 and incubated with the sample for 14 hours at 20°C. Arrows point to Neuropeptide Y positive interneurons. Magnification 20X.
ab10980 staining Neuropeptide Y in chicken brain tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections).
Tissue was fixed in paraformaldehyde and an antigen retrieval step was performed with a Tris-EDTA buffer, pH 9. Samples were then permeabilized using 0.1% Triton X-100/PBS, blocked with 4% BSA, 5% Normal Goat Serum, 0.1M lysine and 0.1% Triton X-100 in PBS for 1 hour at 4°C and then incubated with ab10980 at a 1/2000 dilution for 16 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was a biotin conjugated goat anti-rabbit polyclonal used at a 1/200 dilution.
ab10980 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Zhou QG et al. Chemogenetic silencing of hippocampal neurons suppresses epileptic neural circuits. J Clin Invest 129:310-323 (2019). PubMed: 30507615
- Niquille M et al. Neurogliaform cortical interneurons derive from cells in the preoptic area. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29557780
- Puighermanal E et al. Anatomical and molecular characterization of dopamine D1 receptor-expressing neurons of the mouse CA1 dorsal hippocampus. Brain Struct Funct 222:1897-1911 (2017). PubMed: 27678395
- Mahar I et al. Phenotypic Alterations in Hippocampal NPY- and PV-Expressing Interneurons in a Presymptomatic Transgenic Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease. Front Aging Neurosci 8:327 (2016). PubMed: 28154533
- Saffari R et al. NPY+-, but not PV+- GABAergic neurons mediated long-range inhibition from infra- to prelimbic cortex. Transl Psychiatry 6:e736 (2016). PubMed: 26882036