Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NF-kB p65 (phospho S529)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NF-kB p65 (phospho S529) antibody
See all NF-kB p65 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NF-kB p65 (phospho S529)
Specificityab97726 detects endogenous levels of NFkB p65 protein only when phosphorylated at serine 529.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human NF-kB p65.
- Human breast carcinoma tissue; 293 cell extracts, treated with TNF alpha; HeLa cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesab97726 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatogramphy using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97726 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa.|
FunctionNF-kappa-B is a pleiotropic transcription factor which is present in almost all cell types and is involved in many biological processed such as inflammation, immunity, differentiation, cell growth, tumorigenesis and apoptosis. NF-kappa-B is a homo- or heterodimeric complex formed by the Rel-like domain-containing proteins RELA/p65, RELB, NFKB1/p105, NFKB1/p50, REL and NFKB2/p52 and the heterodimeric p65-p50 complex appears to be most abundant one. The dimers bind at kappa-B sites in the DNA of their target genes and the individual dimers have distinct preferences for different kappa-B sites that they can bind with distinguishable affinity and specificity. Different dimer combinations act as transcriptional activators or repressors, respectively. NF-kappa-B is controlled by various mechanisms of post-translational modification and subcellular compartmentalization as well as by interactions with other cofactors or corepressors. NF-kappa-B complexes are held in the cytoplasm in an inactive state complexed with members of the NF-kappa-B inhibitor (I-kappa-B) family. In a conventional activation pathway, I-kappa-B is phosphorylated by I-kappa-B kinases (IKKs) in response to different activators, subsequently degraded thus liberating the active NF-kappa-B complex which translocates to the nucleus. NF-kappa-B heterodimeric p65-p50 and p65-c-Rel complexes are transcriptional activators. The NF-kappa-B p65-p65 complex appears to be involved in invasin-mediated activation of IL-8 expression. The inhibitory effect of I-kappa-B upon NF-kappa-B the cytoplasm is exerted primarily through the interaction with p65. p65 shows a weak DNA-binding site which could contribute directly to DNA binding in the NF-kappa-B complex. Associates with chromatin at the NF-kappa-B promoter region via association with DDX1.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RHD (Rel-like) domain.
Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsUbiquitinated, leading to its proteasomal degradation. Degradation is required for termination of NF-kappa-B response.
Monomethylated at Lys-310 by SETD6. Monomethylation at Lys-310 is recognized by the ANK repeats of EHMT1 and promotes the formation of repressed chromatin at target genes, leading to down-regulation of NF-kappa-B transcription factor activity. Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 without preventing monomethylation at Lys-310 and relieves the repression of target genes.
Phosphorylation at Ser-311 disrupts the interaction with EHMT1 and promotes transcription factor activity (By similarity). Phosphorylation on Ser-536 stimulates acetylation on Lys-310 and interaction with CBP; the phosphorylated and acetylated forms show enhanced transcriptional activity.
Reversibly acetylated; the acetylation seems to be mediated by CBP, the deacetylation by HDAC3. Acetylation at Lys-122 enhances DNA binding and impairs association with NFKBIA. Acetylation at Lys-310 is required for full transcriptional activity in the absence of effects on DNA binding and NFKBIA association. Acetylation can also lower DNA-binding and results in nuclear export. Interaction with BRMS1 promotes deacetylation of 'Lys-310'.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Nuclear, but also found in the cytoplasm in an inactive form complexed to an inhibitor (I-kappa-B). Colocalized with RELA in the nucleus upon TNF-alpha induction.
- Information by UniProt
- Avian reticuloendotheliosis viral (v rel) oncogene homolog A antibody
- MGC131774 antibody
- NF kappa B p65delta3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-NF-kB p65 (phospho S529) antibody (ab97726) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell extracts, untreated
Lane 2 : 293 cell extracts, treated with TNF alpha
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
ab97726 at 1/100 dilution staining methanol-fixed HeLa cells by Immunofluorescence (seen in red).
ab97726 at 1/50 dilution staining NF-kB p65 in Human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ab97726 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Gong YP et al. Inhibition of long noncoding RNA MALAT1 suppresses high glucose-induced apoptosis and inflammation in human umbilical vein endothelial cells by suppressing the NF-?B signaling pathway. Biochem Cell Biol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32502356
- Wang X et al. TFEB-NF-?B inflammatory signaling axis: a novel therapeutic pathway of Dihydrotanshinone I in doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 39:93 (2020). PubMed: 32448281
- Shi YX & Chen WS Monascin ameliorate inflammation in the lipopolysaccharide-induced BV-2 microglial cells via suppressing the NF-?B/p65 pathway. Iran J Basic Med Sci 23:461-468 (2020). PubMed: 32489561
- Dai C et al. Baicalin protects human retinal pigment epithelial cell lines against high glucose-induced cell injury by up-regulation of microRNA-145. Exp Mol Pathol 106:123-130 (2019). PubMed: 30625293
- França MER et al. Tadalafil restores long-term memory and synaptic plasticity in mice with hepatic encephalopathy. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 379:114673 (2019). PubMed: 31323263
- Zhang Y et al. Therapeutic effects of fibroblast growth factor-21 against atherosclerosis via the NF-?B pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:1453-1460 (2018). PubMed: 29257234
- Nagy-Grócz G et al. The modulatory effect of anandamide on nitroglycerin-induced sensitization in the trigeminal system of the rat. Cephalalgia 36:849-61 (2016). PubMed: 26512068
- Khalaj K et al. RNA binding protein, tristetraprolin in a murine model of recurrent pregnancy loss. Oncotarget 7:72486-72502 (2016). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27732963
- Csáti A et al. Kynurenic acid modulates experimentally induced inflammation in the trigeminal ganglion. J Headache Pain 16:99 (2015). PubMed: 26627709