Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nfasc186 - Neuronal Marker
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr, WB
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nfasc186 antibody - Neuronal Marker
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nfasc186 - Neuronal Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Human
- Brain (Rat) Whole Tissue Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab31719 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 186 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 186 kDa).|
RelevanceNfasc186 (Neurofascin 186) is one of two alternatively spliced products of the Neurofascin (Nfasc) gene in rat; the other being Nfasc155. The establishment of paranodal axoglial junctions in myelinated nerves where voltage-gated sodium channels are concentrated at the nodes of Ranvier is determined by myelin-forming glia. The two isoforms of Neurofascin, Nfasc186 in neurons and Nfasc155 in glia, are required for the assembly of these specialized domains. These two major Neurofascins play essential roles in assembling the nodal and paranodal domains of myelinated axons and are essential for the transition to saltatory conduction in developing vertebrate nerves. Nfasc186 (Isoform 1) is expressed at the Nodes of Ranvier while the Nfasc155 (isoforms 2 and 3) are expressed in unmyelinated axons.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane; Type I membrane protein.
- Neurofascin antibody
- NF antibody
- NF186 antibody
Anti-Nfasc186 antibody - Neuronal Marker (ab31719) at 1 µg/ml + Brain (Rat) Whole Tissue Lysate at 20 µg
IR Dye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 186 kDa
Observed band size: 186 kDa
Immunohistochemistical detection of Nfasc186 using antibody ab31719 on PFA perfusion-fixed rat brain sections. Primary antibody was diluted at 1/300 and incubated for 18 hours @ 20°C in PBS + 0.3 % Triton X100. Secondary antibody: goat anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor 488® diluted (1/1000). Immunostaining observed (image) in the rat cortex. IHC was performed on free-floating sections using direct fluorescence. The antibody produced some staining in the whole CNS.
ab31719 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Montani L et al. De novo fatty acid synthesis by Schwann cells is essential for peripheral nervous system myelination. J Cell Biol 217:1353-1368 (2018). PubMed: 29434029
- Martin PM et al. Schwannomin-interacting Protein 1 Isoform IQCJ-SCHIP1 Is a Multipartner Ankyrin- and Spectrin-binding Protein Involved in the Organization of Nodes of Ranvier. J Biol Chem 292:2441-2456 (2017). PubMed: 27979964
- Brügger V et al. HDAC1/2-Dependent P0 Expression Maintains Paranodal and Nodal Integrity Independently of Myelin Stability through Interactions with Neurofascins. PLoS Biol 13:e1002258 (2015). PubMed: 26406915