Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NFAT2
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Chimpanzee
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NFAT2 antibody
See all NFAT2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NFAT2
SpecificityThe amino acid sequence used is 100% identical in human NFATc1A, B, C and E isoforms. The NFATc1 antibody may detect multiple isoforms of different sizes depending upon the cell lines.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Chimpanzee
- Ramos cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25916 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight varies with isoform.|
FunctionPlays a role in the inducible expression of cytokine genes in T-cells, especially in the induction of the IL-2 or IL-4 gene transcription. Also controls gene expression in embryonic cardiac cells. Could regulate not only the activation and proliferation but also the differentiation and programmed death of T-lymphocytes as well as lymphoid and non-lymphoid cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed in thymus, peripheral leukocytes as T-cells and spleen. Isoforms A are preferentially expressed in effector T-cells (thymus and peripheral leukocytes) whereas isoforms B and isoforms C are preferentially expressed in naive T-cells (spleen). Isoforms B are expressed in naive T-cells after first antigen exposure and isoforms A are expressed in effector T-cells after second antigen exposure.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 RHD (Rel-like) domain.
DomainRel Similarity Domain (RSD) allows DNA-binding and cooperative interactions with AP1 factors.
The N-terminal transactivation domain (TAD-A) binds to and is activated by Cbp/p300. The dephosphorylated form contains two unmasked nuclear localization signals (NLS), which allow translocation of the protein to the nucleus.
Isoforms C have a C-terminal part with an additional trans-activation domain, TAD-B, which acts as a transcriptional activator. Isoforms B have a shorter C-terminal part without complete TAD-B which acts as a transcriptional repressor.
modificationsPhosphorylated by NFATC-kinase; dephosphorylated by calcineurin.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic for the phosphorylated form and nuclear after activation that is controlled by calcineurin-mediated dephosphorylation. Rapid nuclear exit of NFATC is thought to be one mechanism by which cells distinguish between sustained and transient calcium signals. The subcellular localization of NFATC plays a key role in the regulation of gene transcription.
- Information by UniProt
- cytoplasmic 1 antibody
- MGC138448 antibody
- NF ATc antibody
All lanes : Anti-NFAT2 antibody (ab25916) at 1 mg/ml
Lane 1 : Ramos (human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : RAW 264.7 (mouse macrophage cell line transformed with Abelson murine leukemia virus) whole cell lysate
RAW 264.7 (Mouse macrophage cell line transformed with Abelson murine leukemia virus) cells stained for NFAT2 (green) using ab25916 at 1/500 dilution in ICC/IF.
The nuclear counterstain is DAPI (blue). Alpha-Tubulin is stained with Dylight 550 (red).
Western blot analysis of NFATc1 in Ramos cell lysate. Lane 1. Without blocking peptide. Lane 2. With blocking peptide.
ab25916 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Sun X et al. The Nrf2 activator RTA-408 attenuates osteoclastogenesis by inhibiting STING dependent NF-?b signaling. Redox Biol 28:101309 (2020). PubMed: 31487581
- Gage BK et al. Generation of Functional Liver Sinusoidal Endothelial Cells from Human Pluripotent Stem-Cell-Derived Venous Angioblasts. Cell Stem Cell 27:254-269.e9 (2020). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 32640183
- Amirhosseini M et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 8/19 inhibition suppresses osteoclastogenesis by downregulating RANK and promotes osteoblast mineralization and cancellous bone healing. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30793301
- Solovey M et al. Nuclear factor of activated T-cells, NFATC1, governs FLT3ITD-driven hematopoietic stem cell transformation and a poor prognosis in AML. J Hematol Oncol 12:72 (2019). PubMed: 31286998
- Wang L et al. Prazosin protects myocardial cells against anoxia-reoxygenation injury via the extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:2145-2152 (2018). PubMed: 29207167