Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NFkB Inducing Kinase NIK
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-NFkB Inducing Kinase NIK antibody
See all NFkB Inducing Kinase NIK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NFkB Inducing Kinase NIK
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human NFkB Inducing Kinase NIK aa 795-947.
Database link: Q99558
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7204 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.
FunctionLymphotoxin beta-activated kinase which seems to be exclusively involved in the activation of NF-kappa-B and its transcriptional activity. Promotes proteolytic processing of NFKB2/P100, which leads to activation of NF-kappa-B via the non-canonical pathway. Could act in a receptor-selective manner.
Tissue specificityWeakly expressed in testis, small intestine, spleen, thymus, peripheral blood leukocytes, prostate, ovary and colon.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. STE Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase kinase kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-559 is required to activates its kinase activity and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination. Phosphorylated by CHUK/IKKA leading to MAP3K14 destabilization.
Ubiquitinated. Undergoes both 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination. 'Lys-48'-linked polyubiquitination leads to its degradation by the proteasome, while 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitination stabilizes and activates it.
- Information by UniProt
- MAP3K14 antibody
- FTDCR1B antibody
- HS antibody
All lanes : Anti-NFkB Inducing Kinase NIK antibody (ab7204)
Lane 1 : macrophages lysate
Lane 2 : NIK transfected cell lysate
Western blot detection of NIK in 1, macrophage and 2, NIK transfected cells by anti-human NIK.
ICC/IF image of ab7204 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab7204, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab7204 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Xu Z et al. lncRNA PCGEM1 strengthens anti-inflammatory and lung protective effects of montelukast sodium in children with cough-variant asthma. Braz J Med Biol Res 53:e9271 (2020). PubMed: 32520202
- Fang C et al. ZFYVE21 is a complement-induced Rab5 effector that activates non-canonical NF-?B via phosphoinosotide remodeling of endosomes. Nat Commun 10:2247 (2019). PubMed: 31113953
- Wang X et al. Tunicamycin suppresses breast cancer cell growth and metastasis via regulation of the protein kinase B/nuclear factor-?B signaling pathway. Oncol Lett 15:4137-4142 (2018). PubMed: 29541178
- Yu R et al. Kruppel-like factor 4 inhibits non-small cell lung cancer cell growth and aggressiveness by stimulating transforming growth factor-ß1-meidated ERK/JNK/NF-?B signaling pathways. Tumour Biol 39:1010428317705574 (2017). PubMed: 28631556
- Jung JU et al. NIK/MAP3K14 Regulates Mitochondrial Dynamics and Trafficking to Promote Cell Invasion. Curr Biol N/A:N/A (2016). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 27889261
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com