Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [LHM 2] to NG2
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-NG2 antibody [LHM 2]
See all NG2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [LHM 2] to NG2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Fr, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tissue/ cell preparation (Human - a 375P cell crude extract).
General notesThe LHM2 antibody is a very good marker for melanoma (>90% stained). LHM2 also stains basal cell carcinomas and subpopulation of basal keratinocytes. LHM2 can be used as a diagnostic panel for immunopathology of malignant melanoma and potential candidates for immunoimaging and immunotherapy of disseminated melanoma. The originators of this antibody report that the MCSP is a cell surface marker specific for epidermal stem cells (J. Invest. Dermatol. in press). Potential applications of the LHM2 antibody include use for separation/isolation of epidermal stem cells, detection of stem cells in skin biopsies or epithelial cell cultures and optimisation of culture conditions to retain epidermal stem cell population in in vitro cultures.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Clone numberLHM 2
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab20156 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 240 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionProteoglycan playing a role in cell proliferation and migration which stimulates endothelial cells motility during microvascular morphogenesis. May also inhibit neurite outgrowth and growth cone collapse during axon regeneration. Cell surface receptor for collagen alpha 2(VI) which may confer cells ability to migrate on that substrate. Binds through its extracellular N-terminus growth factors, extracellular matrix proteases modulating their activity. May regulate MPP16-dependent degradation and invasion of type I collagen participating in melanoma cells invasion properties. May modulate the plasminogen system by enhancing plasminogen activation and inhibiting angiostatin. Functions also as a signal transducing protein by binding through its cytoplasmic C-terminus scaffolding and signaling proteins. May promote retraction fiber formation and cell polarization through Rho GTPase activation. May stimulate alpha-4, beta-1 integrin-mediated adhesion and spreading by recruiting and activating a signaling cascade through CDC42, ACK1 and BCAR1. May activate FAK and ERK1/ERK2 signaling cascades.
Tissue specificityDetected only in malignant melanoma cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 15 CSPG (NG2) repeats.
Contains 2 laminin G-like domains.
modificationsO-glycosylated; contains glycosaminoglycan chondroitin sulfate which are required for proper localization and function in stress fiber formation (By similarity). Involved in interaction with MMP16 and ITGA4.
Phosphorylation by PRKCA regulates its subcellular location and function in cell motility.
Cellular localizationApical cell membrane. Cell projection > lamellipodium membrane. Localized at the apical plasma membrane it relocalizes to the lamellipodia of astrocytoma upon phosphorylation by PRKCA. Localizes to the retraction fibers. Localizes to the plasma membrane of oligodendrocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- 4732461B14Rik antibody
- AN2 antibody
- AN2 proteoglycan antibody
ab20156 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Kim JM et al. Perivascular Progenitor Cells Derived From Human Embryonic Stem Cells Exhibit Functional Characteristics of Pericytes and Improve the Retinal Vasculature in a Rodent Model of Diabetic Retinopathy. Stem Cells Transl Med 5:1268-76 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27388242
- Loibl M et al. Direct cell-cell contact between mesenchymal stem cells and endothelial progenitor cells induces a pericyte-like phenotype in vitro. Biomed Res Int 2014:395781 (2014). ICC/IF . PubMed: 24563864
- Somaiah N et al. The relationship between homologous recombination repair and the sensitivity of human epidermis to the size of daily doses over a 5-week course of breast radiotherapy. Clin Cancer Res 18:5479-88 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22855580
- Hyldahl RD et al. Activation of nuclear factor-?B following muscle eccentric contractions in humans is localized primarily to skeletal muscle-residing pericytes. FASEB J 25:2956-66 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 21602448
- Taghipour Z et al. Transplantation of Undifferentiated and Induced Human Exfoliated Deciduous Teeth-derived Stem Cells Promote Functional Recovery of Rat Spinal Cord Contusion Injury Model. Stem Cells Dev : (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 21970342