Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nicastrin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nicastrin antibody
See all Nicastrin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nicastrin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Nicastrin.
- Mouse brain tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45425 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 78 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 78 kDa).|
FunctionEssential subunit of the gamma-secretase complex, an endoprotease complex that catalyzes the intramembrane cleavage of integral membrane proteins such as Notch receptors and APP (beta-amyloid precursor protein). It probably represents a stabilizing cofactor required for the assembly of the gamma-secretase complex.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nicastrin family.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Anterior pharynx defective 2 antibody
- APH 2 antibody
- APH2 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Nicastrin antibody (ab45425) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Nicastrin antibody (ab45425) at 1 µg/ml
All lanes : Mouse brain tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : anti-rabbit HRP at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 78 kDa
Observed band size: 78 kDa
Additional bands at: 54 kDa, 58 kDa, 95 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed paraffin embedded sections) of mouse brain tissue labeling Nicastrin with Anti-Nicastrin antibody (ab45425) at 20μg/ml.
ab45425 at 2.5 µg/ml staining Nicastrin in human brain tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections).
Immunofluorescence of Nicastrin in Human Brain cells using ab45425 at 20 ug/ml.
ab45425 staining Nicastrin in Human breast carcinoma tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% BSA for 10 minutes at; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/2500 in TBS/BSA/azide) for 16 hours at 21°C. A Biotin-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/250) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab45425 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Bannai T et al. Chronic cerebral hypoperfusion shifts the equilibrium of amyloid ß oligomers to aggregation-prone species with higher molecular weight. Sci Rep 9:2827 (2019). PubMed: 30808940
- Lin Q et al. Inhibition of CD9 expression reduces the metastatic capacity of human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line MHCC97-H. Int J Oncol 53:266-274 (2018). PubMed: 29749468
- D'Souza Y et al. Characterization of Aldh2 (-/-) mice as an age-related model of cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease. Mol Brain 8:27 (2015). WB, Dot blot ; Mouse . PubMed: 25910195