Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4563(2)] to Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 4/CHRNA4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 4/CHRNA4 antibody [EPR4563(2)]
See all Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 4/CHRNA4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4563(2)] to Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 4/CHRNA4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 4/CHRNA4 aa 500-600. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- SH-SY5Y, A673, C6 and Neuro-2a cell lysates.
This product was previously labelled as Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 4
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124832 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
FunctionAfter binding acetylcholine, the AChR responds by an extensive change in conformation that affects all subunits and leads to opening of an ion-conducting channel across the plasma membrane.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CHRNA4 are the cause of nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy type 1 (ENFL1) [MIM:600513]; also symbolized ADNFLE. ENFL1 is an autosomal dominant epilepsy characterized by nocturnal seizures with hyperkinetic automatisms and poorly organized stereotyped movements.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ligand-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.9) family. Acetylcholine receptor (TC 1.A.9.1) subfamily. Alpha-4/CHRNA4 sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- A4 nicotinic receptor antibody
- Acetylcholine receptor alpha 4 neural antibody
- Acetylcholine receptor neuronal nicotinic alpha 4 subunit antibody
All lanes : Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor alpha 4/CHRNA4 antibody [EPR4563(2)] (ab124832) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 2 : A673 cell lysate
Lane 3 : C6 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Neuro-2a cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
Observed band size: 70 kDa
ab124832 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sun Z et al. Differential Expression of Nicotine Acetylcholine Receptors Associates with Human Breast Cancer and Mediates Antitumor Activity of aO-Conotoxin GeXIVA. Mar Drugs 18:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31963558
- Liu Y et al. Cervical Cancer Correlates with the Differential Expression of Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors and Reveals Therapeutic Targets. Mar Drugs 17:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31035425
- Chen SP et al. Involvement of hippocampal acetylcholinergic receptors in electroacupuncture analgesia in neuropathic pain rats. Behav Brain Funct 12:13 (2016). PubMed: 27068709
- Yin Y et al. Accumulation of human full-length tau induces degradation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor a4 via activating calpain-2. Sci Rep 6:27283 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27277673