Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nidogen 2/NID-2
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nidogen 2/NID-2 antibody
See all Nidogen 2/NID-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nidogen 2/NID-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Mouse Nidogen 2/NID-2.
Previously labelled as Nidogen 2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14513 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 153 kDa.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCell adhesion glycoprotein which is widely distributed in basement membranes. Binds to collagens I and IV, to perlecan and to laminin 1. Does not bind fibulins. It probably has a role in cell-extracellular matrix interactions.
Tissue specificityHeart, placenta and bone. Less in pancreas, kidney and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesContains 5 EGF-like domains.
Contains 5 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
Contains 1 NIDO domain.
Contains 1 nidogen G2 beta-barrel domain.
Contains 2 thyroglobulin type-1 domains.
modificationsHighly N- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- NID 2 antibody
- NID-2 antibody
- Nid2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Nidogen 2/NID-2 antibody (ab14513) at 1/400 dilution
Lane 1 : Recombinant Nidogen 2 at 0.005 µg
Lane 2 : Recombinant Nidogen 1
Lane 3 : Protein extract of mouse femoral heads. The femoral head extract was prepared by incubating 3 mouse femoral heads (total weight 20 mg) in 200 µl buffer (0.05 M Tris; 0.15 M NaCl; 10 mM EDTA; 6 M Urea, pH 7.4) overnight. at 20 µl
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 153 kDa
ab14513 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Nordquist E et al. Postnatal and Adult Aortic Heart Valves Have Distinctive Transcriptional Profiles Associated With Valve Tissue Growth and Maintenance Respectively. Front Cardiovasc Med 5:30 (2018). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 29740591
- Murphy PA et al. Tumor angiogenesis in the absence of fibronectin or its cognate integrin receptors. PLoS One 10:e0120872 (2015). PubMed: 25807551
- Torricelli AA et al. Epithelial basement membrane proteins perlecan and nidogen-2 are up-regulated in stromal cells after epithelial injury in human corneas. Exp Eye Res 134:33-8 (2015). PubMed: 25797478
- Hummitzsch K et al. A new model of development of the mammalian ovary and follicles. PLoS One 8:e55578 (2013). ICC/IF ; Cow . PubMed: 23409002
- Behrens DT et al. The epidermal basement membrane is a composite of separate laminin- or collagen IV-containing networks connected by aggregated perlecan, but not by nidogens. J Biol Chem 287:18700-9 (2012). PubMed: 22493504
- Irving-Rodgers HF et al. PANCREATIC ISLET BASEMENT MEMBRANE LOSS AND REMODELING AFTER MOUSE ISLET ISOLATION AND TRANSPLANTATION: IMPACT FOR ALLOGRAFT REJECTION. Cell Transplant N/A:N/A (2012). IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 23211522
- Lee HK et al. Nidogen is a prosurvival and promigratory factor for adult Schwann cells. J Neurochem 102:686-98 (2007). PubMed: 17437540