Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR8697] to Nidogen 2/NID-2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Nidogen 2/NID-2 antibody [EPR8697]
See all Nidogen 2/NID-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8697] to Nidogen 2/NID-2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
corresponding to Human Nidogen 2/NID-2 aa 1-100 (N terminal).
Database link: Q14112
- Human fetal kidney, BxPC-3, fetal heart, and fetal lung lysates.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Previously labelled as Nidogen 2.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 5.00 x 10 -12 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131279 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 151 kDa.|
FunctionCell adhesion glycoprotein which is widely distributed in basement membranes. Binds to collagens I and IV, to perlecan and to laminin 1. Does not bind fibulins. It probably has a role in cell-extracellular matrix interactions.
Tissue specificityHeart, placenta and bone. Less in pancreas, kidney and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesContains 5 EGF-like domains.
Contains 5 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
Contains 1 NIDO domain.
Contains 1 nidogen G2 beta-barrel domain.
Contains 2 thyroglobulin type-1 domains.
modificationsHighly N- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix > basement membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- NID 2 antibody
- NID-2 antibody
- Nid2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Nidogen 2/NID-2 antibody [EPR8697] (ab131279) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal kidney lysate
Lane 2 : BxPC-3 lysate
Lane 3 : Human fetal heart lysate
Lane 4 : Human fetal lung lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 151 kDa
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab131279 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Bartoschek M et al. Spatially and functionally distinct subclasses of breast cancer-associated fibroblasts revealed by single cell RNA sequencing. Nat Commun 9:5150 (2018). PubMed: 30514914
- Uenoyama A et al. Effects of C-xylopyranoside derivative on epithelial regeneration in an in vitro 3D oral mucosa model. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 80:1344-55 (2016). PubMed: 26966997