Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ninein/NIN - Centrosome Marker
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ninein/NIN antibody - Centrosome Marker
See all Ninein/NIN primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ninein/NIN - Centrosome Marker
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species ICC/IFHuman
Fusion protein corresponding to Human Ninein/NIN. The region used shows good homology to Mouse Ninein/NIN aa 1-550.
The centrosomal protein ninein has been identified as a microtubule minus end capping and centriole anchoring protein, but its true physiological function remains to be determined. At mitosis, ninein has been observed in association with the mitotic spindle as well as at the centrosomes.
This product was previously labelled as Ninein.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Primary antibody notesThe centrosomal protein ninein has been identified as a microtubule minus end capping and centriole anchoring protein, but its true physiological function remains to be determined. At mitosis, ninein has been observed in association with the mitotic spindle as well as at the centrosomes.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4447 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
- Information by UniProt
- Centrosome Marker antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta interacting protein antibody
- GSK3B interacting protein antibody
IF using ab4447 to detect Ninein/NIN in MCF7 cells (human).
The left hand panels are DAPI stained nuclei. The right hand panels are the same nuclei stained for Ninein/NIN.
ab4447 was used at 1/1000.
Ninein/NIN shows nuclear and centrosome staining, which is expected from the literature.
ICC/IF image of ab4447 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab4447, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Image-iTTM FX Signal Enhancer was used as the primary blocking agent, 5% BSA (in TBS-T) was used for all other blocking steps. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red).
ab4447 shows the characteristic nuclear and centrosome staining for Ninein/NIN.
ab4447 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Aydin ÖZ et al. Acute inhibition of centriolar satellite function and positioning reveals their functions at the primary cilium. PLoS Biol 18:e3000679 (2020). PubMed: 32555591
- Ogungbenro YA et al. Centrobin controls primary ciliogenesis in vertebrates. J Cell Biol 217:1205-1215 (2018). PubMed: 29440264
- Shi CH et al. Disrupted structure and aberrant function of CHIP mediates the loss of motor and cognitive function in preclinical models of SCAR16. PLoS Genet 14:e1007664 (2018). PubMed: 30222779
- Rowlison T et al. Deciphering the mechanisms involving cenexin, ninein and centriolin in sperm maturation during epididymal transit in the domestic cat. Reprod Domest Anim 52 Suppl 2:193-196 (2017). PubMed: 27807895
- Jao LE et al. A role for Gle1, a regulator of DEAD-box RNA helicases, at centrosomes and basal bodies. Mol Biol Cell 28:120-127 (2017). PubMed: 28035044