Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8C7.3] to Nitro tyrosine (Biotin)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA, IP, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Nitro tyrosine antibody [8C7.3] (Biotin)
See all Nitro tyrosine primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8C7.3] to Nitro tyrosine (Biotin)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA, IP, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Nitro tyrosine (biotinylated ).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24496 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceNitric oxide (NO) is a product of the enzymatic conversion of arginine to citrulline by nitric oxide synthase. NO reacts rapidly with superoxide to form peroxynitrite. At physiological pH and in the presence of transition metals, peroxynitrite undergoes heterolytic cleavage to form hydroxyl anion and nitronium ion, the latter of which nitrates protein tyrosine residues. Thus, the presence of nitrotyrosine on proteins can be used as a marker for peroxynitrite formation in vivo. The presence of nitrotyrosine has been detected in various inflammatory processes including atherosclerotic placques.
- NO tyrosine antibody
- nTyr antibody
ab24496 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Alhalwani AY et al. Development of a sandwich ELISA with potential for selective quantification of human lactoferrin protein nitrated through disease or environmental exposure. Anal Bioanal Chem 410:1389-1396 (2018). PubMed: 29214534
- Pais TF et al. The NAD-dependent deacetylase sirtuin 2 is a suppressor of microglial activation and brain inflammation. EMBO J 32:2603-16 (2013). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 24013120