Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [HM.11] to Nitro tyrosine
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-Nitro tyrosine antibody [HM.11]
See all Nitro tyrosine primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HM.11] to Nitro tyrosine
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with nitrotyrosine, both with the free amino acid as well as with proteins containing nitrotyrosine. The antibody does not recognize other antigens with a nitrotyrosine-like structure such as tyrosine, 3-chlorotyrosine, phosphotyrosine and phenylalanine.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Nitro tyrosine (nitrated ) conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH).
- WB: mouse kidney lysate, mouse optic nerve, retina , spinal cord and brain lysates, rat aorta lysate(see Abreviews) IHC-P: human lung tissue (see Abreview)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
WARNING!!: Do not add sodium azide or nitric containing perservative as it will damage the antibody.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7048 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/400. 10% formalin fixation; 3% H2O2 to block endogenous peroxidases; Citrate buffer pH 6.0 for 1 min at 100°C as antigen retrieval treatment|
RelevanceNitric oxide (NO) is a product of the enzymatic conversion of arginine to citrulline by nitric oxide synthase. NO reacts rapidly with superoxide to form peroxynitrite. At physiological pH and in the presence of transition metals, peroxynitrite undergoes heterolytic cleavage to form hydroxyl anion and nitronium ion, the latter of which nitrates protein tyrosine residues. Thus, the presence of nitrotyrosine on proteins can be used as a marker for peroxynitrite formation in vivo. The presence of nitrotyrosine has been detected in various inflammatory processes including atherosclerotic placques.
- NO tyrosine antibody
- nTyr antibody
ab7048 has been referenced in 53 publications.
- Vasquez-Vivar J et al. Neuronal vulnerability to fetal hypoxia-reoxygenation injury and motor deficit development relies on regional brain tetrahydrobiopterin levels. Redox Biol 29:101407 (2020). PubMed: 31926630
- Fysikopoulos A et al. Amelioration of elastase-induced lung emphysema and reversal of pulmonary hypertension by pharmacological iNOS inhibition in mice. Br J Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32201936
- Park JS et al. Cottonseed Oil Protects Against Intestinal Inflammation in Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Inflammatory Bowel Disease. J Med Food 22:672-679 (2019). PubMed: 31112045
- Zhou X et al. H2 O2 -induced microvessel barrier dysfunction: the interplay between reactive oxygen species, nitric oxide, and peroxynitrite. Physiol Rep 7:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31448579
- Kang JJ et al. Voluntary wheel running activates Akt/AMPK/eNOS signaling cascades without improving profound endothelial dysfunction in mice deficient in a-galactosidase A. PLoS One 14:e0217214 (2019). PubMed: 31120949