Key features and details
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
Product nameNitrotyrosine ELISA Kit
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
This nitrotyrosine (3-nitrotyrosine, 3NT) competitive ELISA is used to determine the level of nitrotyrosine modified proteins in a sample. The provided microplates have been evenly coated with a nitrotyrosine containing antigen. The competitive ELISA is performed by adding the test sample mixed with the provided HRP conjugated anti-3NT antibody. If no 3NT modified proteins are present in the sample, all of the anti-3NT detector antibody is available to bind to the immobilized 3NT containing protein coating the wells, generating a maximum (100%) binding signal. In contrast, if soluble 3NT modified protein is present in the sample, it will compete for binding by the anti-3NT detector antibody. The degree of competition is proportional to the concentration of soluble 3NT modified proteins in the sample. Therefore the signal in each well has an inverse relationship to the amount of 3NT in each sample. When performing each assay a standard curve is generated from the provided standard to allow the accurate quantitation of the 3NT content in the test samples.
The assay is followed by monitoring the HRP dependant color change in each well at 600 nm. Alternatively, the assay can be terminated, at a user-defined time, by the addition of 1N HCl (not supplied) and the assay performed as an end-point measurement at 450 nm
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 2 x 96 tests 10X Blocking Solution 1 x 10ml 1X HRP Development Solution 1 x 24ml 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 3-nitrotyrosine BSA standard 1 vial Extraction Buffer (ab260490) 1 x 15ml HRP conjugated 3NT Detector Antibody (1000X) 1 x 0.04ml Nitrotyrosine coated 96-well solid plate 2 units Plate Seals 2 units
- 3 nitrotyrosine
ab113848 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Fernandes de Barros Marangoni L et al. Unravelling the different causes of nitrate and ammonium effects on coral bleaching. Sci Rep 10:11975 (2020). PubMed: 32686736
- Timm KN et al. Early detection of doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity in rats by its cardiac metabolic signature assessed with hyperpolarized MRI. Commun Biol 3:692 (2020). PubMed: 33214680
- Winnica D et al. Bioenergetic Differences in the Airway Epithelium of Lean Versus Obese Asthmatics Are Driven by Nitric Oxide and Reflected in Circulating Platelets. Antioxid Redox Signal 31:673-686 (2019). PubMed: 30608004
- Xu J et al. Dexmedetomidine attenuates oxidative/nitrative stress in lung tissues of septic mice partly via activating heme oxygenase-1. Exp Ther Med 18:3071-3077 (2019). PubMed: 31572546
- Russell JS et al. Chronic type 2 but not type 1 diabetes impairs myocardial ischaemic tolerance and preconditioning in C57Bl/6 mice. Exp Physiol 104:1868-1880 (2019). PubMed: 31535419