Product nameNitrotyrosine ELISA Kit
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
This nitrotyrosine (3-nitrotyrosine, 3NT) competitive ELISA is used to determine the level of nitrotyrosine modified proteins in a sample. The provided microplates have been evenly coated with a nitrotyrosine containing antigen. The competitive ELISA is performed by adding the test sample mixed with the provided HRP conjugated anti-3NT antibody. If no 3NT modified proteins are present in the sample, all of the anti-3NT detector antibody is available to bind to the immobilized 3NT containing protein coating the wells, generating a maximum (100%) binding signal. In contrast, if soluble 3NT modified protein is present in the sample, it will compete for binding by the anti-3NT detector antibody. The degree of competition is proportional to the concentration of soluble 3NT modified proteins in the sample. Therefore the signal in each well has an inverse relationship to the amount of 3NT in each sample. When performing each assay a standard curve is generated from the provided standard to allow the accurate quantitation of the 3NT content in the test samples.
The assay is followed by monitoring the HRP dependant color change in each well at 600 nm. Alternatively, the assay can be terminated, at a user-defined time, by the addition of 1N HCl (not supplied) and the assay performed as an end-point measurement at 450 nm
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 2 x 96 tests 10X Blocking Solution 1 x 10ml 1X HRP Development Solution 1 x 24ml 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 3-nitrotyrosine BSA standard 1 vial Extraction Buffer (ab260490) 1 x 15ml HRP conjugated 3NT Detector Antibody (1000X) 1 x 0.04ml Nitrotyrosine coated 96-well solid plate 2 units Plate Seals 2 units
- 3 nitrotyrosine
ab113848 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Neves KB et al. Microparticles from vascular endothelial growth factor pathway inhibitor-treated cancer patients mediate endothelial cell injury. Cardiovasc Res 115:978-988 (2019). PubMed: 30753341
- Magnifico MC et al. Nonylphenol and Octylphenol Differently Affect Cell Redox Balance by Modulating the Nitric Oxide Signaling. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2018:1684827 (2018). PubMed: 29805728
- Pasquali MA et al. A longitudinal study of neurotrophic, oxidative, and inflammatory markers in first-onset depression in midlife women. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 268:771-781 (2018). PubMed: 28550365
- Montezano AC et al. NADPH Oxidase 5 Is a Pro-Contractile Nox Isoform and a Point of Cross-Talk for Calcium and Redox Signaling-Implications in Vascular Function. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29907654
- Biswal MR et al. Timing of Antioxidant Gene Therapy: Implications for Treating Dry AMD. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 58:1237-1245 (2017). PubMed: 28241311