Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6836(2)] to NK-1R
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-NK-1R antibody [EPR6836(2)]
See all NK-1R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6836(2)] to NK-1R
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
within Human NK-1R aa 350 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P25103
- K562, Jurkat and THP-1 cell lysates.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab183713 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||1/50 - 1/70.|
|WB||1/10000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 48 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
FunctionThis is a receptor for the tachykinin neuropeptide substance P. It is probably associated with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. The rank order of affinity of this receptor to tachykinins is: substance P > substance K > neuromedin-K.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Neurokinin 1 antibody
- Neurokinin 1 Receptor antibody
- NK 1 receptor antibody
Western blot analysis of NK-1R in K562 cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab183713 at 1/50 dilution (Lane 1). Lane 2 : TBS instead of K562 lysates.
Secondary antibody: Anti-Rabbit IgG (HRP), specific to the non-reduced form of IgG at 1/1500 dilution
All lanes : Anti-NK-1R antibody [EPR6836(2)] (ab183713) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 3 : THP-1 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugate at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Observed band size: 48 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab183713 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Suzuki Y et al. A novel MRGPRX2-targeting antagonistic DNA aptamer inhibits histamine release and prevents mast cell-mediated anaphylaxis. Eur J Pharmacol 878:173104 (2020). PubMed: 32320700
- Muschter D et al. Sensory Neuropeptides and their Receptors Participate in Mechano-Regulation of Murine Macrophages. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30682804
- He ZX et al. Substance P plays a critical role in synaptic transmission in striatal neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 511:369-373 (2019). PubMed: 30803756
- Yan D et al. Neuropeptides Substance P and Calcitonin Gene Related Peptide Accelerate the Development and Fibrogenesis of Endometriosis. Sci Rep 9:2698 (2019). PubMed: 30804432
- Wu H et al. NK1R/5-HT1AR interaction is related to the regulation of melanogenesis. FASEB J 32:3193-3214 (2018). PubMed: 29430989
- Niedermair T et al. Substance P modulates bone remodeling properties of murine osteoblasts and osteoclasts. Sci Rep 8:9199 (2018). PubMed: 29907830
- Huang H et al. Alcohol-induced conditioned place preference negatively correlates with anxiety-like behavior in adolescent mice: inhibition by a neurokinin-1 receptor antagonist. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 235:2847-2857 (2018). PubMed: 30054674
- Zhang YX et al. ß-Arrestin 1 has an essential role in neurokinin-1 receptor-mediated glioblastoma cell proliferation and G2/M phase transition. J Biol Chem 292:8933-8947 (2017). PubMed: 28341744