Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NLK
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NLK antibody
See all NLK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NLK
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Dog, Human, Xenopus laevis
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following tissues: Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Mouse Lung Normal; Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded Mouse Brain Normal. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following cell types: U-87 MG.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26050 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionRole in cell fate determination, required for differentiation of bone marrow stromal cells. Acts downstream of MAP3K7 and HIPK2 to negatively regulate the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway and the phosphorylation and destruction of the MYB transcription factor. May suppress a wide range of transcription factors by phosphorylation of the coactivator, CREBBP (By similarity). Involved in TGFbeta-mediated mesoderm induction, acting downstream of MAP3K7/TAK1 to phosphorylate STAT3.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-303 and Tyr-305, which activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Predominantly nuclear. A smaller fraction is cytoplasmic.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp761G1211 antibody
- FLJ21033 antibody
- LAK1 antibody
Anti-NLK was used in standard Vector ABC protocol on paraffin embedded mouse lung with the following modifications: HIER with Vector antigen unmasking solution for 25 minutes at 98C. Used a 1:100 dilution in PBS/Triton-X 4C overnight.
Adult mouse brain fixed in 10% neutral buffered formulin. Antigen retrieval was performed using Tris-EDTA pH 9.0. The tissue was incubated with ab26050 at a concentration of 2.5µg/ml for 16 hours at 4°C. Nuclear staining can be clearly seen.
ICC/IF image of ab26050 stained U87-MG cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab26050 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab26050 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Song L et al. c-Kit modifies the inflammatory status of smooth muscle cells. PeerJ 5:e3418 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28626608
- Rydell-Törmänen K et al. Aberrant nonfibrotic parenchyma in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is correlated with decreased ß-catenin inhibition and increased Wnt5a/b interaction. Physiol Rep 4:N/A (2016). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 26997628
- Suwei D et al. NLK functions to maintain proliferation and stemness of NSCLC and is a target of metformin. J Hematol Oncol 8:120 (2015). Human . PubMed: 26503334
- Shaw-Hallgren G et al. Association of nuclear-localized Nemo-like kinase with heat-shock protein 27 inhibits apoptosis in human breast cancer cells. PLoS One 9:e96506 (2014). IHC . PubMed: 24816797
- Ju H et al. Polyglutamine disease toxicity is regulated by Nemo-like kinase in spinocerebellar ataxia type 1. J Neurosci 33:9328-36 (2013). PubMed: 23719801