Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NMDAR1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NMDAR1 antibody
See all NMDAR1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NMDAR1
Specificityab52177 detects endogenous levels of total NMDAR1 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide within Human NMDAR1 aa 849-913. The exact sequence is proprietary. From around the phosphorylation site of serine 897 (R-S-S-K-D).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52177 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 105 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionNMDA receptor subtype of glutamate-gated ion channels with high calcium permeability and voltage-dependent sensitivity to magnesium. Mediated by glycine. This protein plays a key role in synaptic plasticity, synaptogenesis, excitotoxicity, memory acquisition and learning. It mediates neuronal functions in glutamate neurotransmission. Is involved in the cell surface targeting of NMDA receptors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamate-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.10.1) family. NR1/GRIN1 subfamily.
modificationsNMDA is probably regulated by C-terminal phosphorylation of an isoform of NR1 by PKC. Dephosphorylated on Ser-897 probably by protein phosphatase 2A (PPP2CB). Its phosphorylated state is influenced by the formation of the NMDAR-PPP2CB complex and the NMDAR channel activity.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane > postsynaptic density. Enriched in post-synaptic plasma membrane and post-synaptic densities.
- Information by UniProt
- GluN1 antibody
- Glutamate [NMDA] receptor subunit zeta-1 antibody
- Glutamate receptor ionotropic N methyl D aspartate 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-NMDAR1 antibody (ab52177) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Y79 (Human retinoblastoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 105 kDa
Observed band size: 95 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 30 kDa, 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab52177 at 1/50 dilution staining NMDAR1 in human brain tissue by immunohistochemistry (paraffin embedded tissue) in the presence (right image) or absence (left image) of the immunizing peptide.
ab52177 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Effects of Shugan Hewei Granule on Depressive Behavior and Protein Expression Related to Visceral Sensitivity in a Rat Model of Nonerosive Reflux Disease. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019:1505693 (2019). PubMed: 30719054
- Kushwah N et al. Hypobaric Hypoxia-Induced Learning and Memory Impairment: Elucidating the Role of Small Conductance Ca2+-Activated K+ Channels. Neuroscience 388:418-429 (2018). PubMed: 30048783
- Roshanravan H et al. NMDA Receptors as Potential Therapeutic Targets in Diabetic Nephropathy: Increased Renal NMDA Receptor Subunit Expression in Akita Mice and Reduced Nephropathy Following Sustained Treatment With Memantine or MK-801. Diabetes 65:3139-50 (2016). PubMed: 27388219
- Zhang J et al. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-mediated axonal injury in adult rat corpus callosum. J Neurosci Res 91:240-8 (2013). PubMed: 23161705
- Sun H et al. Involvement of NR1, NR2A different expression in brain regions in anxiety-like behavior of prenatally stressed offspring. Behav Brain Res 257:1-7 (2013). PubMed: 24029697
- Sun H et al. Reduced Levels of NR1 and NR2A with Depression-Like Behavior in Different Brain Regions in Prenatally Stressed Juvenile Offspring. PLoS One 8:e81775 (2013). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 24278457
- Husi H et al. A combinatorial approach of Proteomics and Systems Biology in unravelling the mechanisms of acute kidney injury (AKI): involvement of NMDA receptor GRIN1 in murine AKI. BMC Syst Biol 7:110 (2013). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 24172336
- Zhao T et al. Levo-tetrahydropalmatine retards the growth of ectopic endometrial implants and alleviates generalized hyperalgesia in experimentally induced endometriosis in rats. Reprod Sci 18:28-45 (2011). Rat . PubMed: 20884991
- Ito H et al. Knock-down of PQBP1 impairs anxiety-related cognition in mouse. Hum Mol Genet 18:4239-54 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19661183