Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NMDAR2A
- Reacts with: Mouse, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NMDAR2A antibody
See all NMDAR2A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NMDAR2A
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Monkey
Fusion protein (Mouse) (C terminal last 200 amino acids).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.184% Tris glycine, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
FunctionNMDA receptor subtype of glutamate-gated ion channels possesses high calcium permeability and voltage-dependent sensitivity to magnesium. Activation requires binding of agonist to both types of subunits.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutamate-gated ion channel (TC 1.A.10.1) family. NR2A/GRIN2A subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell junction > synapse > postsynaptic cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- EPND antibody
- FESD antibody
- GluN2A antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab14596 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- van de Looij Y et al. Nutritional Intervention for Developmental Brain Damage: Effects of Lactoferrin Supplementation in Hypocaloric Induced Intrauterine Growth Restriction Rat Pups. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:46 (2019). PubMed: 30800096
- Wang R et al. Role of astrocytes-derived d-serine in PFOS-induced neurotoxicity through NMDARs in the rat primary hippocampal neurons. Toxicology 422:14-24 (2019). PubMed: 31004706
- Matta C et al. N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor expression and function is required for early chondrogenesis. Cell Commun Signal 17:166 (2019). PubMed: 31842918
- McCarthny CR et al. Investigating the Interactive Effects of Sex Steroid Hormones and Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor during Adolescence on Hippocampal NMDA Receptor Expression. Int J Endocrinol 2018:7231915 (2018). PubMed: 29666640
- Sánchez-Blázquez P et al. Sigma 1 Receptor Antagonists Inhibit Manic-Like Behaviors in Two Congenital Strains of Mice. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 21:938-948 (2018). PubMed: 29860313