Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NNMT
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NNMT antibody
See all NNMT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NNMT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cat, Dog, Pig
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58743 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Titre using peptide based assay: 1/62500.
FunctionCatalyzes the N-methylation of nicotinamide and other pyridines to form pyridinium ions. This activity is important for biotransformation of many drugs and xenobiotic compounds.
Tissue specificityPredominantly expressed in the liver. A lower expression is seen in the kidney, lung, skeletal muscle, placenta and heart. Not detected in the brain or pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NNMT/PNMT/TEMT family.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
- Nicotinamide N methyltransferase antibody
- Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase antibody
Anti-NNMT antibody (ab58743) at 1/2.5 dilution + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg with skim milk/PBS buffer at 5 %
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1: 50,000 - 100,000
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Observed band size: 29 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Gel concentration: 12%
ab58743 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Agrawal Singh S et al. PLZF targets developmental enhancers for activation during osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30672466
- Mathieu J et al. Folliculin regulates mTORC1/2 and WNT pathways in early human pluripotency. Nat Commun 10:632 (2019). PubMed: 30733432
- Neelakantan H et al. Small molecule nicotinamide N-methyltransferase inhibitor activates senescent muscle stem cells and improves regenerative capacity of aged skeletal muscle. Biochem Pharmacol 163:481-492 (2019). PubMed: 30753815
- You Z et al. Nicotinamide N-methyltransferase enhances the progression of prostate cancer by stabilizing sirtuin 1. Oncol Lett 15:9195-9201 (2018). PubMed: 29805651
- Jung J et al. Nicotinamide metabolism regulates glioblastoma stem cell maintenance. JCI Insight 2:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28515364
- Fedorowicz A et al. Activation of the nicotinamide N-methyltransferase (NNMT)-1-methylnicotinamide (MNA) pathway in pulmonary hypertension. Respir Res 17:108 (2016). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 27581040
- Ulanovskaya OA et al. NNMT promotes epigenetic remodeling in cancer by creating a metabolic methylation sink. Nat Chem Biol 9:300-6 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23455543