Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to nNOS (neuronal)
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-nNOS (neuronal) antibody
See all nNOS (neuronal) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to nNOS (neuronal)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Pig
Synthetic peptide within Mouse nNOS (neuronal) (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P29477
- Tested with HUVEC cells and placenta cells.
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15203 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionProduces nitric oxide (NO) which is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body. In the brain and peripheral nervous system, NO displays many properties of a neurotransmitter. Probably has nitrosylase activity and mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of cytoplasmic target proteins such SRR.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is ubiquitously expressed: detected in skeletal muscle and brain, also in testis, lung and kidney, and at low levels in heart, adrenal gland and retina. Not detected in the platelets. Isoform 3 is expressed only in testis. Isoform 4 is detected in testis, skeletal muscle, lung, and kidney, at low levels in the brain, but not in the heart and adrenal gland.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOS family.
Contains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 flavodoxin-like domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
DomainThe PDZ domain in the N-terminal part of the neuronal isoform participates in protein-protein interaction, and is responsible for targeting nNos to synaptic membranes in muscles. Mediates interaction with VAC14.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by STUB1/CHIP in the presence of Hsp70 and Hsp40 (in vitro).
Cellular localizationCell membrane > sarcolemma. Cell projection > dendritic spine. In skeletal muscle, it is localized beneath the sarcolemma of fast-twitch muscle fiber by associating with the dystrophin glycoprotein complex. In neurons, enriched in dendritic spines.
- Information by UniProt
- 2310005C01Rik antibody
- BNOS antibody
- Constitutive NOS antibody
ab15203 staining nNOS (neuronal) in Mouse brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Sections were deparaffinized, rehydrated and submitted to antigen retrieval and blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk and 0.1% Triton X-100. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in PBS containing 2% non-fat dry milk and 0.05% Trition X-00) overnight at 4°C. A Biotin-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG (1/200 in PBS containing 1% NGS for 1 hour at room temperature) was used as the secondary antibody. Left - wild type, Right - Cre+/RTN-1C+. Magnification: 20x.
Human placenta tissue section stained with ab15203 by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections).
ab15203 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Mauriello A et al. Hypertension in kidney transplantation is associated with an early renal nerve sprouting. Nephrol Dial Transplant 32:1053-1060 (2017). PubMed: 28498963
- Tuncer AA et al. The Protective Effects of Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Coenzyme Q10 Combination on Ovarian Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury: An Experimental Study. Adv Med 2016:3415046 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27597986
- Thuy le TT et al. Cytoglobin deficiency promotes liver cancer development from hepatosteatosis through activation of the oxidative stress pathway. Am J Pathol 185:1045-60 (2015). PubMed: 25665792
- Keles I et al. Prevention of cyclophosphamide-induced hemorrhagic cystitis by resveratrol: a comparative experimental study with mesna. Int Urol Nephrol N/A:N/A (2014). Rat . PubMed: 25248628
- Masliukov PM et al. Development of nNOS-positive neurons in the rat sensory and sympathetic ganglia. Neuroscience 256C:271-281 (2013). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 24161722
- Fazi B et al. Characterization of gene expression induced by RTN-1C in human neuroblastoma cells and in mouse brain. Neurobiol Dis 40:634-44 (2010). WB, IHC-P, IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20708685
- Martínez-Cerdeño V et al. Embryonic MGE precursor cells grafted into adult rat striatum integrate and ameliorate motor symptoms in 6-OHDA-lesioned rats. Cell Stem Cell 6:238-50 (2010). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . PubMed: 20207227