Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to nNOS (neuronal) (phospho S1417)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5583 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
1/10 - 1/100.
1/10 - 1/100.
FunctionProduces nitric oxide (NO) which is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body. In the brain and peripheral nervous system, NO displays many properties of a neurotransmitter. Probably has nitrosylase activity and mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of cytoplasmic target proteins such SRR.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1 is ubiquitously expressed: detected in skeletal muscle and brain, also in testis, lung and kidney, and at low levels in heart, adrenal gland and retina. Not detected in the platelets. Isoform 3 is expressed only in testis. Isoform 4 is detected in testis, skeletal muscle, lung, and kidney, at low levels in the brain, but not in the heart and adrenal gland.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the NOS family.
Contains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 flavodoxin-like domain.
Contains 1 PDZ (DHR) domain.
DomainThe PDZ domain in the N-terminal part of the neuronal isoform participates in protein-protein interaction, and is responsible for targeting nNos to synaptic membranes in muscles. Mediates interaction with VAC14.
modificationsUbiquitinated; mediated by STUB1/CHIP in the presence of Hsp70 and Hsp40 (in vitro).
Cellular localizationCell membrane > sarcolemma. Cell projection > dendritic spine. In skeletal muscle, it is localized beneath the sarcolemma of fast-twitch muscle fiber by associating with the dystrophin glycoprotein complex. In neurons, enriched in dendritic spines.
- Information by UniProt
- 2310005C01Rik antibody
- BNOS antibody
- Constitutive NOS antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of nNOS (neuronal) (phospho S1417) (green) showing staining in the cytoplasm and nucleus of SH-SY5Y cells treated with 100 ng/ml nocodazole (left) and untreated SH-SY5Y cells (right). Formalin-fixed cells were permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 in TBS for 5-10 minutes and blocked with 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cells were incubated with ab5583 in 3% BSA-PBS at a dilution of 1:20 and incubated overnight at 4ºC in a humidified chamber. Cells were washed with PBST and incubated with a DyLight-conjugated secondary antibody in PBS at room temperature in the dark. F-actin (red) was stained with a fluorescent red phalloidin and nuclei (blue) were stained with Hoechst or DAPI. Images were taken at a magnification of 60x.
ab5583 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Ho CY et al. CX3CR1-microglia mediates neuroinflammation and blood pressure regulation in the nucleus tractus solitarii of fructose-induced hypertensive rats. J Neuroinflammation 17:185 (2020). PubMed: 32532282
- Tomiga Y et al. Anxiety-like behaviors and hippocampal nNOS in response to diet-induced obesity combined with exercise. J Physiol Sci 69:711-722 (2019). PubMed: 31124076
- Wang Z et al. Quantitative phosphoproteomic analysis of the molecular substrates of sleep need. Nature 558:435-439 (2018). PubMed: 29899451
- Arce C et al. Activation of a1A -adrenoceptors desensitizes the rat aorta response to phenylephrine through a neuronal NOS pathway, a mechanism lost with ageing. Br J Pharmacol 174:2015-2030 (2017). PubMed: 28369791
- Jean A et al. Revisiting medial preoptic area plasticity induced in male mice by sexual experience. Sci Rep 7:17846 (2017). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 29259324