Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8B4BB10] to NNT
- Suitable for: IP, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-NNT antibody [8B4BB10]
See all NNT primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8B4BB10] to NNT
Several customers have found that this antibody may not work well for mouse and rat samples.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Tissue, cells or virus. This information is considered to be commercially sensitive.
- Normal Human skin fibroblasts (strain HDFn); Human cerebellum tissue; mitochondria from Human liver, Bovine heart, Rat liver and Mouse liver; HepG2 and HL-60 cells.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesProduced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then purified by biochemical fractionation. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab110352 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 114 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionThe transhydrogenation between NADH and NADP is coupled to respiration and ATP hydrolysis and functions as a proton pump across the membrane.
Sequence similaritiesIn the N-terminal section; belongs to the AlaDH/PNT family.
In the C-terminal section; belongs to the PNT beta subunit family.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- GCCD4 antibody
- mitochondrial antibody
- NAD(P) transhydrogenase antibody
Anti-NNT antibody [8B4BB10] (ab110352) at 0.5 µg/ml + HepG2 whole cell lysate
Predicted band size: 114 kDa
anti-Complex II 30kDa subunit has also been labeled as a control.
HL-60 cells were stained with 1 µg/mL NNT antibody (ab110352) (blue) or an equal amount of an isotype control antibody (red) and analyzed by flow cytometry.
Mitochondrial localization of NNT in cultured, normal Human skin fibroblasts (strain HDFn) labeled with anti NNT (ab110352) as the primary antibody and an AlexaFluor® 594 goat anti-mouse IgG1 secondary antibody.
NNT immunohistochemistry in Human cerebellum visualized with ab110352 at 1/100. NNT immunoactivity is most intense in neuronal cell bodies, most notably in the large Purkinje cells.
Nicotinamide nucleotide transhydrogenase (NNT) immunocaptured from Human liver mitochondria (lane 1), bovine heart mitochondria (lane 2), rat liver mitochondria (lane 3), mouse liver mitochondria (lane 4), and HepG2 cells (lane 5), using ab110352.
ab110352 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Bharath LP et al. Metformin Enhances Autophagy and Normalizes Mitochondrial Function to Alleviate Aging-Associated Inflammation. Cell Metab 32:44-55.e6 (2020). PubMed: 32402267
- McCambridge G et al. Saturated Fatty Acid Activates T Cell Inflammation Through a Nicotinamide Nucleotide Transhydrogenase (NNT)-Dependent Mechanism. Biomolecules 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30823587
- Ren W et al. Decomposing the Mechanism of Qishen Granules in the Treatment of Heart Failure by a Quantitative Pathway Analysis Method. Molecules 23:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30041436
- Dey S et al. Compartment-specific Control of Reactive Oxygen Species Scavenging by Antioxidant Pathway Enzymes. J Biol Chem 291:11185-97 (2016). PubMed: 27048652
- Agarwal AR et al. Short-term cigarette smoke exposure induces reversible changes in energy metabolism and cellular redox status independent of inflammatory responses in mouse lungs. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 303:L889-98 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 23064950