Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nociceptin receptor
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66219 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
FunctionReceptor for the neuropeptide nociceptin/orphanin FQ. Has a potential role in modulating a number of brain functions, including instinctive behaviors and emotions. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins which inhibits adenylyl cyclase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- H.sapiens mRNA for ORL1 receptor antibody
- Kappa type 3 opioid receptor antibody
- Kappa-type 3 opioid receptor antibody
Sk-N-SH cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h with vehicle control (0 µM) and 1 µM of kainic acid (ab120100). Decrease expression of nociceptin receptor in SK-N-SH cells correlates with an increase in kainic acid concentration, as described in literature.
Whole cell lysates were prepared with RIPA buffer (containing protease inhibitors and sodium orthovanadate), 30µg of each were loaded on the gel and the WB was run under reducing conditions. After transfer the membrane was blocked for an hour using 5% BSA before being incubated with ab66219 at 1 µg/ml and ab8227 at 1 µg/ml overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution and visualised using ECL development solution.
ab66219 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Wang K et al. Nociceptin Receptor Is Overexpressed in Non-small Cell Lung Cancer and Predicts Poor Prognosis. Front Oncol 9:235 (2019). PubMed: 31024840
- Wheway G et al. An siRNA-based functional genomics screen for the identification of regulators of ciliogenesis and ciliopathy genes. Nat Cell Biol 17:1074-87 (2015). ICC/IF . PubMed: 26167768