Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nogo A+B
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nogo A+B antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nogo A+B
Specificityab47085 recognises Nogo A and Nogo B2 and B1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide, sequence taken from within amino acids 1-50 of human Nogo B.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47085 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately >200 kDa.|
RelevanceNOGO is a potent neurite outgrowth inhibitor which may also help block the regeneration of the central nervous system in higher vertebrates. Adult mammalian axon regeneration is generally successful in the peripheral nervous system but poor in the central nervous system. Inhibition results from physical barriers imposed by glial scars, a lack of neurotrophic factors, and growth-inhibitory molecules associated with myelin, the insulating axon sheath. These molecules include NI35, myelin-associated glycoprotein (159460), and Nogo. Several isoforms (A-E) of NOGO exist.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum; endoplasmic reticulum membrane; multi-pass membrane protein. Note=Anchored to the membrane of the endoplasmic reticulum through 2 putative transmembrane domains.
- Nogo A antibody
- Nogo antibody
- Nogo B antibody
All lanes : Anti-Nogo A+B antibody (ab47085) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human brain tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse brain tissue lysate
Lane 3 : Rat brain tissue lysate
Observed band size: >200,41,43,48-50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab47085 staining Nogo A+B in African Green Monkey COS-7 cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X-100 and blocked with 3% BSA for 1 hour at 23°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS-BSA) for 1 hour at 23°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Immunocytochemistry stainning for Nogo A+B in Cor1 neural stem cells from mouse using Rabbit polyclonal to Nogo A+B (ab47085; 1/200 incubated for 2h at RT); Immunoreactivity was detected in cell-body as well as in neurites.
ab47085 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Baya Mdzomba J et al. Nogo-A-targeting antibody promotes visual recovery and inhibits neuroinflammation after retinal injury. Cell Death Dis 11:101 (2020). PubMed: 32029703
- Thuault S et al. A proximity-labeling proteomic approach to investigate invadopodia molecular landscape in breast cancer cells. Sci Rep 10:6787 (2020). PubMed: 32321993
- V'kovski P et al. Determination of host proteins composing the microenvironment of coronavirus replicase complexes by proximity-labeling. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30632963
- Pathak GP et al. RTN4 Knockdown Dysregulates the AKT Pathway, Destabilizes the Cytoskeleton, and Enhances Paclitaxel-Induced Cytotoxicity in Cancers. Mol Ther 26:2019-2033 (2018). PubMed: 30078441
- Zhao H et al. Cell fate regulation by reticulon-4 in human prostate cancers. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30480803
- Grumati P et al. Full length RTN3 regulates turnover of tubular endoplasmic reticulum via selective autophagy. Elife 6:N/A (2017). WB . PubMed: 28617241
- Wen M et al. The Value of Circulating Nogo-B for Evaluating Hepatic Functional Reserve in Patients with Cirrhosis. Dis Markers 2015:419124 (2015). PubMed: 26063954
- Ortega A et al. Endoplasmic reticulum stress induces different molecular structural alterations in human dilated and ischemic cardiomyopathy. PLoS One 9:e107635 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25226522