Key features and details
- Selective, reversible neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) inhibitor
- CAS Number: 137361-05-8
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameNomega-Propyl-L-arginine, neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) inhibitor
DescriptionSelective, reversible neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) inhibitor
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Signal transduction
- Nitric oxide & oxidative stress
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab146405 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Ebner J et al. Neuronal nitric oxide synthase regulation of calcium cycling in ventricular cardiomyocytes is independent of Cav1.2 channel modulation under basal conditions. Pflugers Arch 472:61-74 (2020). PubMed: 31822999
- Nie Y et al. Lactobacillus frumenti improves antioxidant capacity via nitric oxide synthase 1 in intestinal epithelial cells. FASEB J 33:10705-10716 (2019). PubMed: 31262191