Product nameNomifensine maleate, norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor
DescriptionPotent norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Antidepressant.
- Nomifensine maleate salt
Potent inhibitor of norepinephrine and dopamine uptake (Ki values are 4.7, 26 and 4000 nM for inhibition of norepinephrine, dopamine and 5-HT uptake respectively in rat brain). Increases central dopamine levels in rats following systemic administration. Interacts with the dopamine transporter at a site different from that of cocaine. Antidepressant.
Chemical name2-Methyl-4-phenyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolin-8-amine maleate
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Katz NS et al. Effects of acute and sustained administration of the catecholamine reuptake inhibitor nomifensine on the firing activity of monoaminergic neurons. J Psychopharmacol 24:1223-35 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 19939862) »
- Nakachi N et al. Effects of various dopamine uptake inhibitors on striatal extracellular dopamine levels and behaviours in rats. Eur J Pharmacol 281:195-203 (1995). Read more (PubMed: 7589207) »
- Wieczorek WJ & Kruk ZL A quantitative comparison on the effects of benztropine, cocaine and nomifensine on electrically evoked dopamine overflow and rate of re-uptake in the caudate putamen and nucleus accumbens in the rat brain slice. Brain Res 657:42-50 (1994). Read more (PubMed: 7820642) »
- Meiergerd SM & Schenk JO Kinetic evaluation of the commonality between the site(s) of action of cocaine and some other structurally similar and dissimilar inhibitors of the striatal transporter for dopamine. J Neurochem 63:1683-92 (1994). Read more (PubMed: 7931324) »
- Tuomisto J Nomifensine and its derivatives as possible tools for studying amine uptake. Eur J Pharmacol 42:101-6 (1977). Read more (PubMed: 844493) »