Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5C.6] to Nonspecific Cytotoxic Cells
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, Flow Cyt, Inhibition Assay, IP
- Reacts with: Rat, Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig, Tilapia, Catfish
- Isotype: IgM
Product nameAnti-Nonspecific Cytotoxic Cells antibody [5C.6]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5C.6] to Nonspecific Cytotoxic Cells
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, Flow Cyt, Inhibition Assay, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig, Tilapia, Catfish
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to Nonspecific Cytotoxic Cells. Purified NCC cells from catfish.
- This antibody as been successfully used in cytotoxic inhibition studies with NCC/NK/LAK cells, panning, and ELISA procedures. In cytotoxicity assays, this antibody is used under saturating conditions to inhibit target cell conjugation.
U.S. Patent Numbers: 5,028,424 and 5,229,494.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesNon-specific cytotoxic cells (NCCs) in teleosts and their evolutionary homologue are a subpopulation of lymphocytes with properties that distinguish them from either B- or T-cells. One such property is that NCC/natural killer (NK)/lymphokine activated killer (LAK) cells express spontaneous, non-major histocompatibility complex restricted cytotoxic activity. NCC and LAK lyse a variety of transformed murine and human B-cell, T-cell and myeloid targets. A 32 kDa membrane protein [non-specific cytotoxic cell receptor protein (NCCRP-1)] expressed by NCC and certain mammalian NK/LAK cells mediates this cytotoxicity. NCCRP-1 is evolutionarily conserved and is found in species ranging from marine and freshwater teleosts to higher mammals.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2778 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.
By Western blot, this antibody detects a 32 kDa protein representing nonspecific cytotoxic cell receptor protein.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab91545 - Mouse monoclonal IgM, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|Inhibition Assay||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab2778 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Jaso-Friedmann L et al. NCCRP-1: a novel receptor protein sequenced from teleost nonspecific cytotoxic cells. Mol Immunol 34:955-65 (1997). PubMed: 9464530