Key features and details
- Potent and selective κ opioid receptor antagonist
- CAS Number: 105618-26-6
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namenor-Binaltorphimine (nor-BNI), kappa opioid receptor antagonist
DescriptionPotent and selective κ opioid receptor antagonist
Potent and selective κ opioid receptor antagonist
Chemical name17,17'-(Dicyclopropylmethyl)-6,6',7,7'-6,6'-imino-7,7'-binorphinan-3,4',14,14'-tetrol dihydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120078 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- He Y et al. Transgenic increase in the ß-endorphin concentration in cerebrospinal fluid alleviates morphine-primed relapse behavior through the µ opioid receptor in rats. J Med Virol 91:1158-1167 (2019). PubMed: 30701563
- Sun J et al. Salvinorin A attenuates early brain injury through PI3K/Akt pathway after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rat. Brain Res 1719:64-70 (2019). PubMed: 31125530
- Li TF et al. Ester Hydrolysis Differentially Reduces Aconitine-Induced Anti-hypersensitivity and Acute Neurotoxicity: Involvement of Spinal Microglial Dynorphin Expression and Implications for Aconitum Processing. Front Pharmacol 7:367 (2016). PubMed: 27761113