Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Noradrenaline
- Suitable for: ICC, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Noradrenaline antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Noradrenaline
Specificityab8887 targets conjugated noradrenaline only it does not recognize free noradrenaline.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, IHC-Fr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Chemical/ Small Molecule corresponding to Noradrenaline conjugated to Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: ddH20, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8887 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceNoradrenaline (NA) is a catecholamine neurotransmitter at postganglionic sympathetic fibres, produced following a series of steps from the essential amino acid phenylalanine. Terminal postganglionic sympathetic fibres have varicosities (where NA is synthesised and stored) which form synapses with the effector organ. The adrenal medulla is a major source of catecholamines (such as NA and adrenaline), however, most of the NA produced in the adrenal medulla is converted into adrenaline. NA is key in the fight-or-flight response and also directly increases heart rate, energy release from fat, and muscle readiness.
- Arterenol antibody
- NA antibody
- Norepinephrine antibody
ab8887 staining Noradrenaline (red) in rat smooth muscle cells from the aorta.
Cells were transfected with conjugated Noradrenaline before being fixed and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 20 minutes. Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1/500 dilution. A fluorescence-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab8887 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Song W et al. Organic cation transporter 3 (Oct3) is a distinct catecholamines clearance route in adipocytes mediating the beiging of white adipose tissue. PLoS Biol 17:e2006571 (2019). PubMed: 30653498
- Ahmad MF et al. Perivascular Adipocytes Store Norepinephrine by Vesicular Transport. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:188-199 (2019). PubMed: 30567483
- Velickovic KD et al. Effects of long-term sucrose overfeeding on rat brown adipose tissue: a structural and immunohistochemical study. J Exp Biol 221:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29496784
- Renz BW et al. ß2 Adrenergic-Neurotrophin Feedforward Loop Promotes Pancreatic Cancer. Cancer Cell 33:75-90.e7 (2018). PubMed: 29249692
- Restini CBA et al. Renal perivascular adipose tissue: Form and function. Vascul Pharmacol 106:37-45 (2018). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 29454047
- Yadirgi G et al. Immuno-detection of cleaved SNAP-25 from differentiated mouse embryonic stem cells provides a sensitive assay for determination of botulinum A toxin and antitoxin potency. J Immunol Methods 451:90-99 (2017). ICC/IF . PubMed: 28943257
- Kondo Y et al. Expression and Role of the BDNF Receptor-TrkB in Rat Adrenal Gland under Acute Immobilization Stress. Acta Histochem Cytochem 43:139-47 (2010). ICC/IF . PubMed: 21245980
- Johnson KB et al. Modification of proteins by norepinephrine is important for vascular contraction. Front Physiol 1:131 (2010). WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P . PubMed: 21423373
- Coll M et al. Down-regulation of genes related to the adrenergic system may contribute to splanchnic vasodilation in rat portal hypertension. J Hepatol 49:43-51 (2008). IHC-P . PubMed: 18457899
- Selvage DJ et al. A hypothalamic-testicular neural pathway is influenced by brain catecholamines, but not testicular blood flow. Endocrinology 145:1750-9 (2004). PubMed: 14684600