Product nameNormal Donkey Serum
See all Donkey Serum reagents
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC (PFA fixed), Blocking, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IFmore details
Normal donkey serum ab7475 is used extensively for the blocking of non-specific antibody binding in tissue and cell staining, and in other applications of antibodies.
The donkey serum blocks the binding of Fc receptors in the sample to the primary and secondary antibodies used in the experiment, and also blocks non-specific binding of the antibodies to the sample.
Typically the serum used for blocking is from a different species than the species in which the primary antibody was raised. Often the blocking serum is from the species in which the secondary antibody was raised.
Serum can be used directly for blocking, or as a constituent of a blocking buffer.
Strain: Mixed breed and sex.
Raised in: Donkey
Purity: Whole antiserum
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
- Normal Donkey serum (sterile) (ab138579)
- Donkey Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150073)
- Donkey Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab150075)
- Donkey Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150105)
- Donkey Anti-Goat IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150129)
- Donkey Anti-Goat IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97110)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7475 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC (PFA fixed)||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Blocking||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 17597760Use at 10% dilution.|
The sections were rinsed three times with 0.1 M Tris-buffered saline (TBS, 0.1 M; pH 7.4), incubated in 3% H2O2 in TBS, permeabilized with 0.3% Triton X-100, and blocked with 10% donkey serum containing 0.3% Triton X-100. The sections were incubated overnight with primary antibody for TH (1:700) in TBS, containing 2% donkey serum (ab7475) at 4°C and then incubated with HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1:1000) in TBS for 1 h at room temperature.
This product has been referenced in:
- Li G et al. Laminar shear stress alters endothelial KCa2.3 expression in H9c2 cells partially via regulating the PI3K/Akt/p300 axis. Int J Mol Med 43:1289-1298 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30664154) »
- Jochner MCE et al. Unique properties of PTEN-L contribute to neuroprotection in response to ischemic-like stress. Sci Rep 9:3183 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30816308) »